Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm semi-restoring a 1971 CL350 i'm using 18" front and rear cb rims. i have two sets of triple trees and forks. the stock 1971 set uses the external springs which if i use these i would like to use them without gaiters because i like the look of the spring but i would like to know of any issues this might cause. I know at least more cleaning because the fork seal will be exposed. the other triple tree and forks are from a 1973 CB350k with internal springs. Currently i have not disassembled either set of forks due to my dilemma of which to use. If there is a way to put dust boots on the 1971 forks would someone please enlighten me?

Yes i searched the forum, couldn't find anything that answered my questions. :D

·
Registered
829 Posts
I would pull both sets apart to check for wear or damage. I roll the fork tubes on a flat surface looking for daylight. The 73 forks were an improvement in their dampening. The fenders won't swap between the two sets, the wheel and drum brake from the 71 will fit the 73 forks. The seals are different.

If you want gaiters use the 73 forks with parts from the 72/73 CL350.

·
Registered
829 Posts
If you have an extra rear rim you can lace it to the front hub. I use the stock size tire and it looks much better than the stock rim with the same tire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts