Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The air filters on my CL175 are shot. They are hard and covered in dirt and grime. From past experiences rebuilding a CL350 I know and understand the importance of having the correct air flow. Since the filters are no longer available what is everyone using? I have searched the forum and have seen some of the recommendations but most are not for a CL175.

I have removed one of the filters down to the screen and Im currently looking for an auto filter I can cut and paste. In the past I have also tried cutting Uni filter material but with little success.

Input? Recommendations?
thanks
chuck

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
I used air filter ( RamAir) foam when I did mine.

If I ever do this again, I'd have a go at using concertina filter paper taken from a replacement car air filter. I do wonder if the foam is a bit too free flowing, if that's possible.

EDIT Very briefly.

Use a heat gun to warm up the original air filter, they are stuck together with heat set glue which flakes off easily when heated. Be careful with the rubber inlet tubes of course.

Reassemble with a suitable mastic. The stuff used for bonding in car windscreens works well.

20171102_154153.jpg 20171101_231443.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts