Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if I'm off topic. I can't help but tap into the knowledge base here. I've found a 71 CL175 that looks to be in nice shape. Sorry to say no title. (imagine that)
But for $225 I'm finding it hard to resist the drum front brake and cl pipes!
The tins look real good also.
I figure neither the drum front wheel or the pipes will work on my 72 cb450 cafe project.
Right?

Any one lnow the good and bad of these little gems!

·
Registered
659 Posts
scout4924 said:
I've found a 71 CL175 that looks to be in nice shape. But for $225 .......little gems!
IMO.....A "little gem" that's in pretty "nice shape" for a mere $225 is an excellent initial product for restoring. Why in the world would you want to part it out to yourself ? Sell it to someone who'll enjoy restoring it and buy your cb450 a proper front wheel and pipes. If it's a little gem in nice shape I should think you could make a couple hundred profit.

What are "tins" ? I can't find that anywhere in the parts manual.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I just cot off the phone with the dude!
Her is the story. No title.
The fork seals are shot
Couple small dents in the tank
Choke connecting rod (carb to carb) is missing
Mufflers are rotted
So that all souds par for the course.

On the good side: It runs and can be ridden as is.
Has new Kenda rubber
13,680 miles
I could prob get it for $200

So what do you think? I hate the no title thing, but the price is right.

The dude just called back 3 more calles in five minutes! He said I'd get the first shot at it. So I'm hooking up the trailer.
Wife's happy!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Him calling you back so many times, so quickly, makes it sound like he's really eager to get rid of it for some reason... Hmm....

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ment to say he recieved three calls on the bike. One fella offered him $300 sight unseen. I told him I could get there first and might offer him that much.

As it usually turns out the bike was in worse condition than the picture showed or stated over the phone. That and the lack of a title... So I passed on it.

The good news. I thought the fella looked familiar! Turned out I arrested him some 15 years ago after a high speed chase that ended in a crash! So... I ended up talking to his father for over 2 hours. I quickly lost intrest in the little 175 ater I followed his father into his shop where I was pleased to find an iron head sporty, a early 70 SOCH4 750 that was lowered and chromed, including the swingarm, and a XS650. Finally I got him to say a price on the 750.
I think I'll be listing my 72 500f bobber
All was not wasted!
He even gave me a coors original! (that was the weird part)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts