Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

for whatever reason, I suddenly have no spark in my left cylinder but spark in my right. I checked the spark plug in the other cylinder and its fine. I checked the high tension lead, and it has no spark either. I also have the breaker points gapped correctly. Is this due to the coil? Thank you so much,

Matthew

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Sounds like you adjusted the GAP..... Set the timing as per Bill's 450 sticky.....Changing the gaps can make it out of time or so one set of points won't even fire.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I finally just got the alternator and gaps adjusted. Now, the issue is when I pull on the throttle on the left carb, it wont increase RPM, only the right side does. The spark plug shows it running very lean, and the right very rich. So I adjusted the screw on the right to run lean. Despite all this, the left on wont accelerate its RPMs when the throttle linkage is pulled. Any ideas?

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Again you mentioned "gaps adjusted"....... While the gaps must be within spec, it is the timing you have to have set spot-on.....Usually, this is done by setting left point gap (at widest opening), rotating the entire plate to set the left point timing, (breaks exactly at LF mark/index...Lock plate down)... then adjusting the right point gap until it fires exactly on the F mark, and rechecking (but not adjusting) the right point gap (must still be in the spec range)... Changing the gaps changes the timing on these bikes.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts