Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
holed l/hand piston, r/hand ok and as it is a single carb model. How did this happen could it be the crap petrol

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Sounds like you have the head off already, what’s the carb to inlet valve(s) path like?
Are the valves seeming to seat well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Lhs. are often the cylinder that go bad , side stand leans the bike to the left. if the petcocks on while the engines off it will drain gas into the left hand cylinder, water too if it's left for a long time.
I do wonder if it has been running lean and the lhs just was the first to go .....what plug heat range and jet , float height ,needle setting combo did it have and what did the plugs look like ? How was the timing set, static or dynamic ?
Pictures of the plugs , combustion Chambers, piston crowns would help

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your answers, the engine is now rebored and fitted with plus .020 pistons. Std pistons not available here, valves ground in so I am starting from scratch and will check plugs

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
In 48 hours?!
That’s pretty swift.
Simo has nailed the issues of had and there’s others here that have in depth knowledge of the little Honda twin so once you are ready to run post back, do a run in then a plug chop and let us know, hopefully we can help spot any signs of the same issue (or not!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts