Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am new to the group so I apologize if this has been asked and answered in the past. I tried to do a search but I wasn’t able to come up with anything.
I recently bought a 1971 CB450. The previous owner stared turning it into a cafe racer and lost interest in her before completing it. With that said it’s missing some parts like the pegs.
Can anyone tell me if any other models have the same front foot pegs? I am having a hard time finding what I need. There are some on eBay but I’m not entirely sure what style I need. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Several different websites that sell OEM parts have the diagrams and parts lists online by model many of them have a section for related fitment where it lists the other bikes a part was used on. This is handy for finding good deals on eBay and such as a seller may not know their part for xyz will fit your bike too.
Bikebandit, Partzilla and many others have these lists and diagrams, but my favorite is www.cmsnl.com they're in Holland though so shipping is huge if you buy from them. But their list of models includes all of the bikes Honda exported worldwide. So we can find parts from bikes that sold in the UK, Germany or Australia that fit our bikes.

If you create a free login they show the full list of related fitment bikes up to 250 models, and if there are more models than that it'll say how many, so you can guess your odds of trying a part from xyz to fit your bike (since it fits 6000 other models, this happens sometimes)

Cheers and good hunting.

For footpegs and mounts for a DOHC CB450 I'd first look at CB750k stuff, there was some crossover I think.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Several different websites that sell OEM parts have the diagrams and parts lists online by model many of them have a section for related fitment where it lists the other bikes a part was used on. This is handy for finding good deals on eBay and such as a seller may not know their part for xyz will fit your bike too.
Bikebandit, Partzilla and many others have these lists and diagrams, but my favorite is www.cmsnl.com they're in Holland though so shipping is huge if you buy from them. But their list of models includes all of the bikes Honda exported worldwide. So we can find parts from bikes that sold in the UK, Germany or Australia that fit our bikes.

If you create a free login they show the full list of related fitment bikes up to 250 models, and if there are more models than that it'll say how many, so you can guess your odds of trying a part from xyz to fit your bike (since it fits 6000 other models, this happens sometimes)

Cheers and good hunting.

For footpegs and mounts for a DOHC CB450 I'd first look at CB750k stuff, there was some crossover I think.
Thank you for the info. This should help me out a lot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello all,
I am new to the group so I apologize if this has been asked and answered in the past. I tried to do a search but I wasn’t able to come up with anything.
I recently bought a 1971 CB450. The previous owner stared turning it into a cafe racer and lost interest in her before completing it. With that said it’s missing some parts like the pegs.
Can anyone tell me if any other models have the same front foot pegs? I am having a hard time finding what I need. There are some on eBay but I’m not entirely sure what style I need. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
As far as I know all CB 450's had the same footrests.

·
Registered
589 Posts
The 65-67 footrests are definitely different than all later models. The later (68 and up) models had the side stand lug incorporated into the footrest, while the earlier models had it on the frame.

Reactions: 12ozPBR
1 - 5 of 5 Posts