Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my bike that i need some help with, my cb350 starter used to work when i got it not long ago but it slowly stopped working, sometimes it would work just fine, other times i would have to hit the starter button a bunch of times before it would work. Now the starter just clicks, its NOT the solenoid I know that for sure. I have tried to jump the starter and all i get is a click. It seems like the starter is trying to turn but it is stuck. Anybody ever had this problem? Im thinking of removing the left engine case and taking a good look, maybe freeing up the starter from the gear its connected to, BTW my starter is seized on, i broke the bolts trying to get it off, and they are stuck inside so that starter isn't coming off. Thanks

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
From your discription, it IS the solenoid...... Just because the solenoid "clicks" doesn't mean the internl contacts are making a good connection....

Try this..... With the bike in neutral, remove either one of the heavy wires from one of the solenoid terminals and touch it to the other heavy wire and terminal...The starter motor should spin over IF it is good....

IF it is the starter motor, I have a spare you can have for $20 plus shipping.....
(you can disassemble the "old' one to remove it if necessary)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I know its not the solenoid though, becuae I have jumped the starter without the solenoid and its doing the same thing, I have a second solenoid which is the original, it does the same thing. I have a second starter but its toast (only good for parts). Worst part is is that I cant take my second starter apart because the bolts are seized and they are stripped. Will these starter motors turn if i jump it with a car battery? because ive tried that and it just sparks, I was just wondering because im not sure if these bikes have had previous problems with the starter clutch. Il mess with it some more, today, and see what happens.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I managed to repair the starter after extracting those seized bolts. It was infact the starter, and its working great now, I also bought a new battery so shes good 2 go. Thanks for the replies, Its been a great help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts