Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I buy new parts a quick question. Took my CB350 out of storage and put on a new rear tire. Started it up and put it into first gear and it jumped and stalled...several times of course. Took off the clutch cable cover and cleaned up everything, new grease, checked the cable and all looked OK. Put it all back together and after adjusting the cam adjuster per instructions I put it into first and it jumped and stalled. Could sitting over the winter have pushed the clutch plates over the edge? Or am I not adjusting the cable properly. Thanks.........

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
The plates are just stuck from sitting, quite typical with a wet clutch that sits inactive for a while. You could simply hold the revs up a little above idle and click it into gear again - but be sure you're facing away from anything so if it doesn't break loose and drives away, you won't run into anything - or you could put it in a higher gear like 3rd or 4th with the engine off and clutch held in and just rock the bike forward and backward until it breaks loose... worst case scenario, you have to pull the clutch apart to get it free, but I've never seen one stuck so badly that it required disassembly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts