Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You ever wish you had taken pictures when you first pulled a bike or a car out of a barn, shed, or the garage it was buried in. But no, I finally get done (or close to it) and then think, "oh I should snap some pictures". Anyway, this is my 1971 CB350. It started out as one of those things where someone says "I have this old motorcycle in my shed and if you haul it away you can have it for free. It was pretty beat up. Mice or chipmunks had eaten all the wiring, nothing worked, and it had be dropped at least once on each side. So I brought it home and took it apart putting everything in boxes and ziploc bags (carefully labeled of course) and then life got busy. My wife and I moved and it moved with us in boxes and sat for the next five years (yes, still in boxes). So now I want a bike bad, and got motivated to get it running. I bought a 72 CL350 for $70 as a parts bike and got started. Since the budget was very very tight I flat blacked it all and did the fenders, tank, and side covers in truck bedliner ( kind of a cool texured flat/mild satin finish). I used the best parts of both bikes and ended up with a CB350 with a CL350 seat, tank, and exhaust. With a total investment of $175 including the parts bike. Anyway, here's how it came out. I think it's kinda cool and it's a blast to ride. I really got it up and running well on Saturday and have put 300 miles on it since. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts