Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
No title is a downer but he didnt say how long its been sitting before he bought it. Open carbs and exhaust, open valve in one cylinder I wonder how much condensation has entered ?

Dont know what the prices are in the southwest but where Im sitting your looking at a maybe $200.00 parts bike.

Bill

·
Banned
854 Posts
No title is a downer but he didnt say how long its been sitting before he bought it. Open carbs and exhaust, open valve in one cylinder I wonder how much condensation has entered ?

Dont know what the prices are in the southwest but where Im sitting your looking at a maybe $200.00 parts bike.

Bill
I thought SL's were somewhat rare and worth a bit more than CL/CB's? Am I mistaken about that?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
The 69-70 SL350K0 (360 lb. electric start version) had the same carbs as the CB/CL, but the K1 had slide carbs, not CVs. They changed the cam grind for more torque (lower redline too) and went down to 26mm slide carbs for that reason. That tach and speedo shown on the bike is not the original pair, redline is too high and the speedo face is wrong for the SL K1

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Hi Rscottp. I dont know you may be right. I try to look at how much its going to cost me to put it back on the road and what its worth here. Bikes are like everything else, depends on where standing. the people around here wouldnt know a cl form a ca. Im not trying to be nasty or anything its just that Im in a depressed area, 60% of the people in this county are on welfare and the other counties arent much better. When we fix up an old car or bike we have to be care full how much we put in it or we will have it for while . Everyone on this site watches how much they invest in there builds but in the larger areas you stand a better chance to make a dollar. It cost to much to ship a bike so you have to play to the locals. So for me its how much can I sell it for.

Bill

·
Banned
854 Posts
Thanks for the info Bill, I just got the idea SL's were worth more from reading this forum(I don't really know). It seems like it's pretty hard to recoup your $ on a bike even if you live in a less depressed area. I live on a very wealthy resort island and its still almost impossible to make much money flipping bikes, you can do much better with boats/motors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts