Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings all from just outside of the Great Smoky Mountains in Maryville, Tn. I bought my 1970 CL350 in February of 2018. Code Named Project 70 Millennium Falcon. Do a search for #project70millenniumfalcon on Instagram for the past years photos and bike changes. I've been a lurker and technically a member here since but this is my 1st official post.
The shortish story...I've been a mountain biker for the past 20+ years. Living in some fantastic areas for riding singletrack on 2 wheel pedal bikes including Brevard, NC home of Pisgah National Forest and Morrison, CO, just west of Denver, CO. 2 years ago we decided to move closer to our family here in East Tennessee and I found myself driving way too much to get to the trails I enjoy the most. So I decided to take up motorcycling since both my father n laws ride( mother n law remarried) and I found myself needing a new way to enjoy the freedom of 2 wheels.
I've always dug older bikes and knew that a smaller CC bike would be a great place to start. I enjoy wrenching. I've worked in the Appliance and Electronics repair industry for 20+ years and I have rebuilt a 71 Volkswagon Super Beetle back in my 20's. Currently in my early 40's.
Scramblers, trackers, and Desert Sleds have always been a draw and of course the king of cool, Steve Mcqueen has had an influence. I discovered the Honda CL350 and knew this had to be my 1st motorcycle. I'll post more in a project thread but wanted to say hi, post a few pictures and let myself be known. Thanks for having me and know this forum has been a great resource.

The bike and myself last February

32155748738_68d2b8db21_z.jpg

The bike as of a week ago. Motor is currently out for a rebuild

47026479162_988a33ec09_z.jpg

·
Registered
493 Posts
Bike looks nice.

Even though you been a lurker, like me too, welcome from Georgia.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Hey, lurkers gotta start somewhere... at least he posted an introduction first instead of jumping in with requests right away before telling us anything about himself!

I thought brown seats were just for cafe bikes... :D I'll bet it was pretty loud before you changed the exhaust! You'll get all the help you may need here for the 175 engine, plenty of knowledgeable people here

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Ancientdad, budlite, Rothafella.

Ancientdad it was definitely loud with the exhaust as was. Once I had it running I only let it run with the pipes as it was for about 10 minutes. I cut off those baffles and welded on some 12" extensions. Money was tight so for the 1st 5 months of riding I just used vintage VW beetle muffler baffles. Still super loud but a better tone. I couldn't get it over 7,000 rpms with that set up though and was pleasantly surprised when I built and installed the 2-1 that I could reach over 10,000 rpm and really feel the power band kick in from around 7,000 to 9,000 rpms.

How the bike looked with the VW pipes.

45115111015_698749208d_z.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts