Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
The first one was done by a pro? Really...? I'd like to believe a pro would take the time to only paint the engine parts that are supposed to be satin black (by preference, of course), not the entire lump including nuts, bolts, screws and grease fittings

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Jim, I'm a bit surprised at the prices on both Nortons... is it just me, or do they both seem a bit cheaper than you'd expect considering what they look like?

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jim, I'm a bit surprised at the prices on both Nortons... is it just me, or do they both seem a bit cheaper than you'd expect considering what they look like?
Tom, these are the most aggressively priced Commandos I have seen in a long time. The maroon one has been on Craigslist off and on since last fall. The Blue one just popped up this weekend. There are a couple of other MK3 bikes that have been offered in the Seattle area. They are perfect and the sellers are asking $8,500-$10,500. Comming back from last summer's VME pre-1975 ride I rode with ha MK3. They are sooo sweet. There were a bunch of other British bikes on that ride. My 450 is much better than the Triumphs, BSAs and Atlas bikes. Now where were we, CL350 with a crappy paint job for $9000 or classic British iron $5000-6000... Hmmmm

·
Registered
554 Posts
Dear god. The 350 guy must have been taking notes from the guy that was selling his 360 for $7k. Still wondering if he did, I'd take $5k for my half built one at that point.

·
Registered
569 Posts
heh I saw that $9,000 350. Lots of funny prices popping up here in seattle from time to time. Lots of deals too though, if you're fast enough. A couple weeks ago there was a clean 350f asking $1,500.

If any of you seattle guys has a lead on a 400f let me know... I'm dying for one right now

edit: PS how bout the guy who wants TOP dollar for an incomplete 750? and if you want the exhaust it costs "more"

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/d/1972-honda-cb750/6487385054.html

·
Registered
554 Posts
I saw that last night! God, I tell ya...I really just want to ask these guys if they can keep me posted on what it actually sells for to gauge how outrageously I can overprice my own crusty 750 once I get running :D

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I would love to have one of those Nortons.

If only I had the spare cash.... *sigh* LOL

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I would love to have one of those Nortons.

If only I had the spare cash.... *sigh* LOL
I'd like the blue one. The other one worries me a little with the "'72 750 titled as an '82 850" business.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
The crank bearings in the older ones worry me, too. Hopefully they've been replaced with Superblend bearings at some point. If not, it could be a ticking time bomb.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 16 of 16 Posts