Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gents,

Just finishing off the rebuild on my bike and im having an issue with the brake lights/position lights. Electrical is stock - original harness - everything has been checked and tested. The headlight in the bike does not have a position light. The original wiring diagram contains one. I have a parts bike and checked the wiring on that and its the same. Here is the issue im having.....

1. The rear brake switch works when the green/yellow wire isnt hooked up to the front brake switch. The position light on the tail light does not work.

2. If i hookup the front brake switch, neither of the brake switches work but the position light in the rear tail light does.

I know i missing something simple here with the brown wire but i just cant figure it out. Any help is appreciated!

Photo 4-6-18, 20 26 46.jpg

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Check all your grounds - tail and brake lights often work very weird when the wiring is trying to find a ground through another avenue, whether a switch or bulb

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was my first thought also. The grounds all seem ok. Should mention everything else electrical on the bike is working.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts