Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals. I just bought a 1970 CB175 from my neighbor who said that his son doesn't drive it enough. I paid $150 for it and as you can see it was a good deal. She runs great and only needs a new tach cable, seat cover and registration caught up for one year to be road worthy. I am extremely excited and can't wait to start getting her cleaned up. She was outside under a tarp for about ten years when my neighbor got her. She was smoking at the time and he rebuilt the motor, bought new tires, and performed all the maintenance to get her running about two years ago. Let me know what you think and I can't wait to get into her and trust that I'll share photos of our adventures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the exception of those funky little turnouts... I am hoping to either find some decent mufflers or maybe some baffles because this is one loud mother. Also the right hand turn out prevents full range for kick starting.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Make sure you have a title before you spend any $$$$!

Other than that, mufflers and seatcover and away you go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, I have the title in hand which I was surprised by. I just hope the registration penalties aren't too ridiculous. 2 years behind...I think it is going to be $100-150??

·
Registered
325 Posts
dynamitedave said:
I am going to try to find exhaust and side covers to convert it to a CB style
I bet you'll have no problem finding someone willing to trade. Most people it seems like the CL style.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
I love those early knee-pad tanks!.....
Start a project thread to keep us up on the evolution to CL, but you GOTTA keep that CB tank.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts