Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello...any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated:

i've gone through the wiring repeatedly and have found nothing wrong. i've thought that i have fixed the problem a few times only to turn in my drive way after riding around 40 miles and it happens again. most of the time it only happens if i turn on the headlight. yesterday that was the case. i have gone through the headlight and see nothing wrong....nothing even suspicious...

thanks in advance

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
Sometimes this can be traced to a SAE (1/4") fuse in a metric holder (6mm)....The slightly larger diameter (6.3mm or 1/4") fuse does NOT make full contact with the brass clips and can cause overheating which eventually weakens the "spring' of the clips exacerbating the problem....It can also heat the fuse itself hot enough that the solder or the fusable link fails........Remedy is to plug-in a new fuse block and use the correct fuses, or a new fuse block made for the SAE fuses (available at Radio Shack)....... Steve

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
If that doesn't fix the problem, you likely have a bare wire that grounds when you turn or whatever..... I have seen "cuts' at the entrance to the headlight shells, wires pulled by cables, etc......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts