Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a non-runner about 3 years ago and have been very slowly getting it road ready. Currently having the frame and other parts powder coated. When I stripped it down to the frame I noticed there wasn't a VIN plate on the neck like on other vintage Hondas I've owned. Did the 1969 350s only have the VIN stamped into the frame? Trying to figure out if I need to look into getting a reproduction plate or not.

·
Registered
272 Posts
It probably only had a sticker rather than an actual plate with model/VIN like the later bikes.
The '69 parts list shows pn 87131-286-670 "label - safety" for US models.
If it had a plate there would be rivet holes.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
The stamped serial number on the neck is the only frame marking on a '69.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. No rivet holes so I assume the sticker was the only thing there. Any idea where to purchase a new/reproduction sticker? Can't seem to find anything on the web.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
As best I remember, there was no model/VIN sticker, either. Just the serial numbers stamped into the frame neck and engine, and they don't even match. 1969 was back in the good old days before a lot of the government regs were in place.

·
Registered
272 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome, thanks for the help. Anyone have a picture of a 350 or similar frame with this tag on it? I want to get the placement right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts