Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is not something I want to do, but certain financial situations call for it, my totally restored 98% original 1969 CB350 is going up for sale.
The only thing not original to the bike are the aftermarket mufflers, the paint and motor work was done locally by a Honda restoration company.
The paint is mint, with no chips, scratches, etc. There are some minor scuffs on the fenders but that is about it....the bike was restored over
a two year period and I only got to put about 200 miles on her last summer....I'm sure I have north of $6000 invested in this thing, at the time
I didn't care because I thought it was going to be a keeper....so asking $5500.00 to start and gauge interest.....if you think that's too high then
gently suggest what you think the value on it is. I'm open to reasonable offers and will consider most anything that isn't a low ball....the bike
is located just west of Grand Rapids, Michigan and stored in my heated work room for the winter. I'll be doing fresh plugs and oil change for
the spring. Bike is clean and clear with a Michigan title. Let me know if you have any questions.

E792F127-6347-4411-9BC1-0054BAB8D939_1527125928040.jpg BBAEE570-A60F-4C44-BE37-E6618F4DA7E3_1527125905181.jpg 592F2266-71F4-45EB-9037-0C47B8A0C575_1527125823600.jpg

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Though the pictures won't zoom, the bike looks great - nicely done. I absolutely understand the problem of trying to recover your investment, but it's a liability we all suffer from when doing proper work on our vintage bikes. Hopefully you'll find someone who is interested in a period-correct machine and you'll get good value for it. Good luck

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Though the pictures won't zoom, the bike looks great - nicely done. I absolutely understand the problem of trying to recover your investment, but it's a liability we all suffer from when doing proper work on our vintage bikes. Hopefully you'll find someone who is interested in a period-correct machine and you'll get good value for it. Good luck
Thanks for the kind words Tom, it's a wonderful bike and looks better on site then the pics can show....hopefully someone sees the value in it. I'm open to sending more close up pics and video if someone wants them.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Unfortunately I don't think you're going to get $5500. If it were unrestored, in the same condition, with like, 100 original miles on it you may be able to get to that price.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Posting that as a reference dadofral. Looks like you did a great job and she sure is a pretty bike. Around here I have seen very clean, pristine models like that listed for $3500 - which I thought was high. You asked for input, so I would say around $2500-3K for the right buyer.

Ultimately, it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay, so maybe you will reach your asking price and I wish you the best of luck!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Posting that as a reference dadofral. Looks like you did a great job and she sure is a pretty bike. Around here I have seen very clean, pristine models like that listed for $3500 - which I thought was high. You asked for input, so I would say around $2500-3K for the right buyer.

Ultimately, it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay, so maybe you will reach your asking price and I wish you the best of luck!
That is true....I will test the market and if I can't get what I want for it then I'll just have to keep it....to sell a bike that you have put so much into and only get a 50-60% return I would just figure something else out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Had $6000 + in my cb77. After 3 years I sold it on flea bay for $4050. Hope you have better luck. I had another non titled frame and almost a complete bike in spare parts which I sold a little at a time and was able to get most of the loss back.

Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts