Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my CB350 finished. It was mostly a cosmetic restoration with powdercoating, chrome plating, fastener and spoke plating, and general refinishing. A lot of re-wiring and carburetor work too. I've been lurking on Hondatwins for some time and got lots helpful advice from reading other project logs and posts for questions. Happy Riding!

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
Lot of hard work there. Well done. Enjoy your rides.

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
That is a beauty. Nice work.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The tank has been repainted but the design is as original (or as close as the painter could get). I like the 1969 tank paint scheme the best compared to the 68 and 70 models. This is my first Honda twin cylinder bike, first electric start, first two carburetor bike so I've had a steep learning curve but with lots of info on Hondatwins the bike turned out great and runs great.

Reactions: BenjaminRoot

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Spectacular!! Very nice work.
Any pics of the rest of your herd?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, here is a picture of my BSA Bantam. I've had this for a long time and used to take long trips on it (long for a Bantam). Tallahassee to Lake City Florida took 3 hours (33mph average), got passed by nearly everyone on the road except the guy carrying the 30 foot cross walking on the side of the road. I blew by him!!

Attachments

Reactions: fxray and 76TWIN

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Wow!! Lovely bike. You must get some looks on that beauty

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
You mention in your original post for his thread you received lots of advice from he forum.

Here's one more critical piece of advice for your newly completed project.

GO FOR A RIDE and ENJOY that Machine.
It's Beautiful ! ! !

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
The tank has been repainted but the design is as original (or as close as the painter could get). I like the 1969 tank paint scheme the best compared to the 68 and 70 models. This is my first Honda twin cylinder bike, first electric start, first two carburetor bike so I've had a steep learning curve but with lots of info on Hondatwins the bike turned out great and runs great.
Congratulations on a job well done. You have a most impressive list of bikes in your signature. It isn't many (you're the first I've seen) who can own 10 other bikes on their way to a 46 yr old 350 Honda and score as many "firsts" as you listed above. I think that is pretty cool in and of itself! Don't let the power of your new mighty twin get away from you!

Ray

p.s. I know I'm not the only one who would like to see some more pictures of your bikes.

{Edit} Oh, cool! You got the Bantam posted while I was typing!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Let me know, I'll photograph whatever you need. I always needed pictures of certain areas of the bike and often found them on Hondatwins on other folks projects.

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Any pictures you have of your other bikes would be great. If you don't want to put them here, there is another board for Other Bikes. Are they all done up the way you want them? Are/Were they all projects, or did you buy some in finished condition?

Ray

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The CB350 is by far the fastest bike I own, the closest in speed is the Triumph 3TA also a 350 but a pushrod single carburetor engine. Attached is a photo of the 3TA, one thing I really like about the British bikes is the names they have for various components. For example, the cover over the distributor on the Triumph is referred to as the "elephants condom". Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
What an absolute beauty, complete with the full bathtub, the nacelle, and the Roman helmet mudguard! You are a fortunate person indeed to have the collection you have. Plus, you seem to actually be using them. You certainly have my respect (for whatever that's worth :D ). Thank you for posting your pictures.

Ray

1 - 20 of 24 Posts