Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently purchased a 1968 Honda CL350 in good (but non running) condition and plan to get it back on the road in stock condition. I have pulled the carburetors and noticed that they are the very early Keihin 350A model. The first issue I have is that the fuel inlet tube on each carb is loose. I believe they were originally a pressed fit but am not sure. Right now they just dangle there and leak gas. Does anyone have experience with the Keihin 350A carb? How would I fix the loose fuel inlets? Can I press them back into the carb or would they just come loose again? Is there a better solution? Here are some pictures. Thank you for any suggestions you may have. Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Auto part Carburetor Automotive engine part
Auto part Carburetor Automotive engine part Automotive starter motor

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
You may be able to coat the fuel inlet tubes with solder. Clean them up with steel wool until bright and shiny. Sweat a thin layer of solder onto them then press them back into place. The thin soft layer should make them tight again.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
fuel tank sealant can also be used just don't let it get into the bowls.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
My mistske on the Solder. That won't work on that model.

The 3D & 722A's both have Brass pressed in fittings.

Yours looks to be the same material as the carb body which is a Zinc (Pot Metal) Alloy.
Very low Temp Melting Point which makes for easy casting and low shrink but not good for fixing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thank you for the suggestions! I have cleaned the carbs, replaced the o-rings and put the carbs back together. I pressed the fuel inlets into the carb bodies using a hammer only at this time. They seem to be holding pretty well but I will try the other methods if they come loose. I want to be able to test the carbs for leaks before I put them back on the bike so I am in the process of building a homemade auxilary fuel tank. It is made out of a thick plastic drinking bottle and some brass fittings. Here are a few pictures of the aux fuel tank.

Water Cylinder Technology Electronic device Gas

Cylinder Tool Impact driver Gas Tool accessory

Blue Water bottle Water Bottle Cylinder

1 - 6 of 6 Posts