Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I'm new to the world of honda and am pretty excited to get this little thing going.

I'm trying to get an old cl450 back on the road but am having a tough time tracking down a front end(fork, trees, wheel). What I need to know is if I can use a front end from a cb350 or cl350? I found a guy with both and am not sure if they will swap to my 450.

Anything will help thanks guys!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I doubt the 350 parts are a direct swap, your probably better off with cb550 or certain 750 model year parts.
if you want to keep it stock, i have trees headlight ears boots handlebar clamps and forks from a pre k5 450 though. they need going through, but im pretty sure you could resurect them pretty easily, they move smooth, not binding or seized. pm me if your interested and Ill send pictures. I also have a set of k5 forks, pretty rusty under the headlight ears though.

I'm in Marlborough, ma

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thanks for the response, probably makes more sense to go with a beefier fork anyway. I'm not to concerned with staying stock, just wanting to get the thing back on the road!. I will keep the parts in mind though and will get back to you if I end up wanting them. Thanks again.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Many have run the smaller diameter 350 (33mm) forks on the 450's (stock 35mm forks)
You'll need all the components (trees, forks, wheel, etc. ) and it's a bolt-on to the stock steering neck....The CL 350 model forks will be preferable as they have a 19" wheel/tire.......
Bill (tbpmusic), another moderator here, has 400T forks on his, I ran 360 forks on my 450 racer....
....IF you are worried about strength, the early CX 500's ran 33mm forks stock, and are a heavier bike.....

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Steve...those pants leave NOTHING to the imagination :D You're a regular Bon Scott :cool:

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Lee.....
I'm DEAD????...Well, that explains a lot!..........LMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Don't be too jealous Perry..... That was taken in 1980......My next race (1981)... I crashed at signifigant speed and retired.... Now I just drive around closed courses on small bikes with several other guys......We don't worry who wins, we just slice and dice for fun....Top speed is probably about 75/80 ish......f-160 bikes are the bomb! (Although mine is actually a 175, I'm probably the slowest rider on the track....)

OOPS!...Sorry for the hijack......

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:lol: Whoa guys, that was interesting. But so are those pants! Yikes.

As for the fork, I managed to score a fork this Saturday, but thanks for the info. Found a guy that had a 1973 CB450 fork and trees, so now I'll be able to put a disc on the front. Now for new bearings and a new set of wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts