Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a question for some of you diehard originality guys out there. I have a late number 1968 CL350. It was taken apart many years ago and i have just started to tackle putting it back together. Being a 1968 i want to go original as possible. I just found out the "original" motor has an early number 1969 motor. Did some of those motors get put on late 1968's or is this a motor somebody put in somewhere down the road? Does that make it less desirable? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I believe the split between K0 and K1 is determined by frame number, not engine number. Since the frame and engine numbers rarely matched back then, and Honda had a habit of mixing parts on bikes at the end or beginning of a new model year, it’s entirely possible that the engine in it is original to the bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe the split between K0 and K1 is determined by frame number, not engine number. Since the frame and engine numbers rarely matched back then, and Honda had a habit of mixing parts on bikes at the end or beginning of a new model year, it’s entirely possible that the engine in it is original to the bike.
Thanks for your reply!! I heard that before from a collector but wanted to hear it from another source. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts