Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm wondering if my first year production bike vibrates more than usual or if it's "normal." In the ~ two years since we got the bike on the road, I've put on~5k miles. In that time, I've lost/broken a number of things on the bike.

* The side of the rear fender cracked - just above the fender stay. I was able to get someone to weld it so it wouldn't get worse.
* A mirror stem broke off in my hand as I tried to adjust the mirror during a ride
* I've had two rounds of mirror glass rattle off during rides on two separate occasions
* The original tool box was starting to come loose - the actual tool box assembly. We replaced it with a tool box from a '69 CL and noticed there were some improvements to the design.

I just completed a 3-day +/- 900 mile vintage bike ride and my speedo needle popped off and I noticed another one of the brackets that holds the heat shield on to the exhaust had cracked and broken. Two of the three brackets are broken at this point, so I took off the heat shield for now.

I love my CL and ride it a lot, but don't want to keep breaking or losing parts.... Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!

Akiko

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Keep the motor mounts tight, ignition timing, carb adjustments and carb sync dead on even.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts