Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some parts from a 1968 Sloper for sale, in the Phoenix area, but happy to ship. I'm out of town now but will be back in mid-Nov, and will set prices when I have things together and in front of me (working from memory). Just wanted to get some advance notice and to let people know to post a reply or PM me if they are looking for anything in particular.

left hand side cover, straight.
gas tank, one ding on the top (pullable, no creases), some rust inside, rubber pads are there and not bad, no emblems.
headers (muffler cut off), rusty, but you could clean them up.
carbs -- will definitely need a rebuild, but original brass
seat pan
fenders -- some rust, straight if I remember correctly, could use painting or chroming
wheels and hubs, some rust
engine is seized, but complete
fork ears
factory (I believe? anyone confirm?) luggage rack
handlebars (rusty) with controls
chain guard
etc.

Lemme know if you're interested. I'll be back in Phoenix for 5 days, and will be digging this and some other stuff out of storage to try to lighten the load (and help pay for CB77 and Cb350F projects)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Chicken,

I'm looking for one of the chrome screw-on fork seals for my cb160. I could even use 2, but 1 would work. Have any you can part with or know where I might find one?
PN: 51470-216-000

Thanks,
Vinnie

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vinnie, will take note and check when I get back. I've had a few 160s over the past couple years as well, so might have the seals somewhere else too...

·
Registered
37 Posts
i'm looking for a right side cover for my 73 CL175... but i'll bet its not compatible.
curious how much the engine would cost to ship?

[email protected]

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The sloper 175 was a one-year bike, much more similar to the 160 than the later vertical 175s. The side covers aren't compatible (and I've only got the LHS one).
To ship the engine would be around $150 or so from Phoenix to CO, perhaps less (I spent $150 or so shipping one to New Orleans), using Greyhound or Uship.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cl175

Got some parts from a 1968 Sloper for sale, in the Phoenix area, but happy to ship. I'm out of town now but will be back in mid-Nov, and will set prices when I have things together and in front of me (working from memory). Just wanted to get some advance notice and to let people know to post a reply or PM me if they are looking for anything in particular.

left hand side cover, straight.
gas tank, one ding on the top (pullable, no creases), some rust inside, rubber pads are there and not bad, no emblems.
headers (muffler cut off), rusty, but you could clean them up.
carbs -- will definitely need a rebuild, but original brass
seat pan
fenders -- some rust, straight if I remember correctly, could use painting or chroming
wheels and hubs, some rust
engine is seized, but complete
fork ears
factory (I believe? anyone confirm?) luggage rack
handlebars (rusty) with controls
chain guard
etc.

Lemme know if you're interested. I'll be back in Phoenix for 5 days, and will be digging this and some other stuff out of storage to try to lighten the load (and help pay for CB77 and Cb350F projects)
Do you have the original skidplate? Thanks

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shoot, can't remember but will check.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bumping this. Rocky3 -- no skid plate, sorry!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tank 1.jpg
tank2.jpg
tank3.jpg
tank4.jpg

Bumping this. Here are photos of the tank if anyone's interested. Pretty solid, ding in the top, rubber pads are in good shape. $125 with the petcock. Other stuff still available -- have a deal pending on handlebars and controls.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bumping this -- will be back in Phoenix this weekend, happy to ship parts.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Bruce,
Just sent photos of shocks and sent PM -- chain guard likely sold...
Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chain guard, handlebars and switches, center stand, speedo all gone. Carbs, tank (with good rubber pads), triple tree, wheels, left side cover, fork ears, exhaust headers, whole engine and more still available...

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tank gone, shocks gone.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@Rimbenty -- I do. I just pulled it last time I was there because I had to pull the shocks. It's in reasonably good shape, although someone welded a flat piece across the last two tubes. If you send me your phone # or email I can send you photos -- they're on my phone.
And I am back in CDMX. I'll be back in PHX around feb 1.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sent photos -- thanks!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts