Honda Twins banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm working on an old 68' CL175 and after taking off the carbs for some inspecting, I noticed that one of the carbs is missing the little flap on door of the choke valve. After digging through the shop manual I think I've figured out that it is the relief valve. It looks like there may have been one attached at some point, but I'm not positive. Without this, I assume the choke is never really engaged, not doing it's job.

Is there a reason that one of the two carbs might intentionally not have one? Or is this a piece that's missing and I need to find a replacement for it? If this is something I need to replace, does anyone know of a way of tracking one of these down and replacing? After doing some searching, I haven't found much at all about them, and there definitely haven't been any for sale.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
You'll have to get a used carb to strip as I've never seen choke flap available separately. The engine has eaten it at some point so you'll probably find a messed up cylinder or oversize pistons (if it was fixed properly)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts