Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed new rings in my CL 350 while installing the cam I ran into a problem I have the timing marks right but when I rotate the engine it seems the timing chain jumps or makes a popping noise, the top up the chain is tight but the bottom is loose. any ideas ?

·
Super Moderator
9,785 Posts
If you don't have the cam chain tensioner installed and properly adjusted - assuming the top cover is still off the engine and you're seeing what you're describing - and you did not replace the cam chain, then it likely has a fair amount of slack in it. If so, and you continue to rotate the engine without adjusting it, the cam timing could jump a tooth and you might be at risk of bending a valve

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you don't have the cam chain tensioner installed and properly adjusted - assuming the top cover is still off the engine and you're seeing what you're describing - and you did not replace the cam chain, then it likely has a fair amount of slack in it. If so, and you continue to rotate the engine without adjusting it, the cam timing could jump a tooth and you might be at risk of bending a valve
Thanks Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts