Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, so I got news today that there was a 67 90 cl scrambler for sale near me, and the lady ive been negotiating with will not give me a price, she only wants offers. She said it hasnt ran in 20+ years and has compression (not sure what the readings of compression is), 79xx miles. In the pictures there is no carb on the bike but she does have it in a bag that comes with. Also has the title. Anyone on here know what a rough offer would be for this bike a.jpg b.jpg c.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
For a non-running single with parts in a box, I'd be looking at around $100. If it's something you really want and cosmetics are exceptional maybe a good bit more.

I moved your post to the "found for sale" section (no really good places for this question) and removed the duplicate post.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
awesome! thank you for moving that, sorry for the duplicate post, mobile honda twins is weird lol. yeah the seller is not giving me a estimate on what she wants to sell it for, shes more less thinking its a gold mine i believe but I will talk to her about the price and if i buy ill get back to you guys with the price i bought it for! thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
A Non-Running Bike has a severely reduced value in my book.

Last Ran 20 years ago here is the min. you will have to do: (if you are lucky)

Full Tune-Up
Clean ALL Electrical Contacts
Clean Carbs
New Brakes
New Tires/Tubes
Check & Lube All Cables.
Change / Flush Oil

A bike that has been stored with NO CARB has let a LOT of moisture into the cylinder.
There is a very good chance there is rust on the cylinder walls.
Unless she will let you test the compression and it reads good it is suspect.

With Title is GOOD, but I would MAX at $500.
That is $5.00(+)/per CC a good offer.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
My limit on a non running bike with title is $250 unless its something special.

My scrap yard buddy bought a CB450 non running with a title for $300. Didnt do anything to it and sold it for $650 and it was rough. iIs worth whatever your willing to pay for it. If your building it for yourself you would put more in it than building for resale.

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts