Registered
659 Posts
I don't get it....
250 superhawk which has 250 dream badges

What's up with that ?

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
The 250cc was the "Hawk", and the 305cc was the "Superhawk"....... His grammar is atrocious....Why would we expect him to be correct about the tank badges....LMAO!

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Well, I can't really make out the tank badges.
But that looks to be as fine a specimen of a CB72 that I've seen in a very long time.
If it is a 72 and not a 77. You always have to assume sellers are either lying or just misinformed....
It's most likely worth what he wants.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
RicH2 said:
I don't get it....
250 superhawk which has 250 dream badges

What's up with that ?

May have had to replace the badges AND, have you seen the costs of actual badges for these bikes, like the one for the 305, has 300 on the badge as well. The cheaply priced ones, are not made correctly. So, they fudge, hoping that a prospective buyer won't know the difference.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
66Sprint said:
The 250cc was the "Hawk", and the 305cc was the "Superhawk"....... His grammar is atrocious....Why would we expect him to be correct about the tank badges....LMAO!

Yeah, don't you just love it when they misidentify a bike like that (whether out of ignorance or hoping to play on the possible ignorance of a possible buyer). :roll:

Back in 68' I had a nice 66' CB72 Hawk like that one and when, I would comment (to this very day) about my 66' Hawk, I would get all kinds of comments that showed they didn't know what they were talking about. Nice to be in the presnece of folks who know about that. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts