Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to do it, but this was a project bike that I never got around to. I've since moved to Mexico City, and the cost of importing and licensing a bike down here is prohibitive -- I brought one bike, a 350F, but have sold most of the rest. This is one I wanted to keep, I've wanted a CB77 for ages, but I think it's more realistic for me to let it go.

I believe it is a 1966 -- gauges run in the same direction. It was in the yard in Rye, but escaped the fire. I got it for $1000, and that's what I am selling it for -- parts are worth that much or more. If it doesn't sell, it'll get parted. The bike is in Phoenix, and I can send the one photo I have of it now, more when I get back to Pheonix March 24.

The engine is not stuck. The carbs are all there with original brass, and I have cleaned them out. It wasn't in the fire, but the heat from the fire has caused the tank paint to bubble a little -- I was going to leave this as is because it looks kind of cool, and shine up everything around it. Chrome panels on the tank are good, rubberr not so much. IT's got the air filters, but the elements are shot. No sidecover. Engine is complete and turns. Wheels complete. Exhaust is solid, no rust holes, and chrome is good (I think one side may have a little cosmetic damage, likely from a little battery acid drip, but can't remember). Rear fender is solid, front has had the front 1/3 or so chopped off. Headlight bucket is intact, speedo is busted but I can provide another speedo. Handlebars and switches intact.

I got this in the spring of 2016 when Bob's bought out the Rye guy, along with a few other bikes. About 16 months later I had moved to Mexico City after working on 4-5 other projects (CL450, CB750, CB550, T200, 2 CB400Fs) so I just didn't have time to get to it.

The bike doesn't not currently have a title. I was going to go the abandoned vehicle title route in AZ, which takes about 3-4 weeks. I may still do this is someone wants the bike with the title, for an additional $100. Or you could go the VT title route. I know $1000 may seem high, but it's easily got that in parts (exhaust and carbs and you're more than halfway there...). Let me know if you're interested. If nobody is interested in the whole bike, I will likely part it out, so feel free to chime in if you are after parts.

I also have a reversed gear speedo drive and reverse direction speedo from the earlier models CB77 -- Let me know if you are interested in those.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I’m interested! Would love to see the photo and anything you’ve got on it. I’ve got family in Phoenix that would be able to pick up.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PM sent

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Deal pending on bike with Spirograph!

speedo drive and old style speedo still available...

Reactions: spirograph
1 - 4 of 4 Posts