Honda Twins banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking this badboy up this week. Guy wants 400 bucks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wow, looks like a great find. Your other bike looks fabulous as well! How long did the other bike take? I'm just starting out with mine and am at a frustrating stage. Guess I just wanted it to happen faster.

Sean

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sean,

Take it slow. I still have much work to do. It took me a fair bit of time and a lot of wife naggin but it's close.

Get yours running. You can always rebuild everything. Get a good manual. Part of the fun of owning a retro bike is improving it.

I still have much to learn and these guys on this site are so helpful.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let's hope.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I had a CL160 a few years ago. What a neat bike that was. One of the smoothest running twins I have had. Had the usual problems getting it running after sitting for a long time but no more than usual. The scrambler pipe made synching the carbs a challenge. Once it was dialed in it was the favorite at the camp grounds. If I lkeft the keys in it one of my Buddies were off for a ride. I think I filled the gas tank once a year os so whether it needed it or not

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
VERY NICE!.... I'm jealous!.... The 160's and "sloper" 175's are amoung my favorite Honda bikes...... ;)

I guess I'll have to quit procrastinating on my "vintage-Look" 175 project..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Ronny,
....Wash and apply Hydrocortisone cream immediately!...
Slopers "growing on you" can cause permanent wallet damage....
I have an incurable case myself...... :lol: :lol: :lol: Steve

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
All the more reason to have one....... :twisted: .....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts