Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ,
first what an awesome forum.
this is my first post ...be kind :)

ok so kinda of a rookie on this bike.
cb 160

so i did a carb rebuild kit on my carbs..
new floats, jets, gaskets everything.

when i turn the fuel on.
both the bowls over flow.
so im guessing the floats are obviously not adjusted correctly.
what is the factory spec for floats.

the bike will start...but at super high idle

again rookie questions.

minsk
1966 cb160

·
Registered
500 Posts
First, welcome to the forum. Second, get shop manual, it should have the spec in it. Lots of free pdf online or someone can PM you one. i am no help here since I have a CB 400

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
also check the overflow tube for cracks.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Floats would have to be adjusted significantly off to cause this, but it does happen.

PM sent regarding manual.

Welcome to the group.

Got pictures?:p

·
Registered
755 Posts
Overflow tube for cracks, incorrect float height, bad float valve, and, on 160s, new float bowl gaskets from kits are often too wide and cause the float to stick (either up, so no fuel flows, or down so the bowls overflow). If this is the case, you can trim them down with an exacto knife. If you kept your original brass (float valves, jets) you should re-use those if you can as they are better quality than aftermarket, which sometimes don't fit correctly and sometimes don't seal correctly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CB 160 float height should be 19.5 mm. Hope this helps.

Bill

thanx for all the answers/suggextions guys...
i do have the cb160 factory repair manual....
im confused as to where i measure the 19.5 mm on the floats.

i have digital calipers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i hear the floats moving when i the float bowl is attached with new gaskets...i flipped them over etc. to make sure the floats were moving...all other parts were replaced...i only had one original brass float pin....i bought this used...so not sure what the PO did.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
If you have the FSM it should show a photo of how to hold the carb and where to measure the distance. When your sure the float is correct and its still overflowing then you have another problem and you should follow the other members advice.

Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts