Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1965 cb450 "black bomber" found in a storage unit!!! What do you think it is worth?

I found this motorcycle in a storage unit I bought the VIN on the frame is CB450-1022894 The VIN on the motor is CB450E-1020606 Do you think this is the original engine? I do not know much about it other than it looks to be fairly complete. The engine turns over easily I have not really tried to crank it other thank kick starting it once to see if the engine was seized which it is not. I could not think of a better place to try to get an assessment of what I have and what I am missing. Would you recommend me trying to restore it myself or have someone restore it? Or would I be better off just selling it as is? Thank you in advance for your honest opinion and any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Please let me know what you think. How much do you think I could sell it for AS IS? IMG_8624.JPG IMG_8625.JPG IMG_8626.JPG IMG_8627.JPG

·
Registered
5 Posts
The motor and frame are 1965 to 1967, not sure how far apart serial numbers were between motors and frames in early years.The forks are from a CL450 1968 -1971 I think. the other parts are a mixture of years and makes. It would make a good cafe build.
I'm thinking value not very high.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Worth more as parts IMO. Engine and wheels look to be in pretty good condition so it's certainly worth decent money. Even that tank in the condition it's in will bring a couple hundred probably. A decent paint job and it should bring $3-400.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Most of the hard-to-find parts are gone. Maybe $150-$300 as it sits as a parts bike only.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Hmm... It's already chopped, spindled, and mutilated into a tank-slappin' road-grit slingin' back hurtin'... Stick some semi-functional pod filters on the carbs and one of those goofy vertical license plate mounts (angled so it's best viewed from a helicopter) - and then advertise it on fleaBay and Craigslist as a rare antique crapfe custom. For $2,500. Sit back and wait for some kid to call/bid. From the ads/auctions that I've seen (which, apparently, led to sales at least half the time), you probably won't be waiting too long.

Laughing,

·
Registered
375 Posts
What a cool find! Always worth more in parts than as a whole bike - the frame is all kinds of chopped up - but the numbers do line up, i.e. if the motor and the frame are within 3k of each other, they are likely 'matching'. So are you putting a value to it, to sell it, or are you considering restoring it yourself? It could be a fun cafe, clean up the tank - put some airpods on it, rethink the rear fender...the old Bomber tanks on a cafe look pretty awesome.

If you want to sell it fast, put it up on CL ask what ever YOU'd pay for it if you saw it...sounds like you'd turn a profit not matter what you did. And CL doesn't have 'fee's', the only thing CL comes with is tire kicker some times, but say 'serious inquiries only' or something to that affect, so you don't get people wasting your time. Or wait until spring, which really...isn't all that far off is it?

I'd probably pay $500-800 for something like this, if it was running/turned over, and had a title/key.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
No title in some states is an inconvenience, in others it makes it a parts bike. It turns over but doesn't run, leaning towards parts bike again.

Prices vary significantly by location and, as mentioned above, waiting a couple of months will at least make it easier to sell if not more valuable.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
If it was me I'd get that tank painted, get some repop emblems, polish all the aluminum and get it running. Motor, if it runs, and a nice tank will get you more when you go to sell it. Not worth restoring, too many expensive hard to find parts missing. Would be a cool bike to cruise around on though!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts