Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all from Calif new to forum and motorcycles. I currently have a Vespa GT 200. I picked up a pretty nice CB 160 project bike It has 18000 miles on the clock. Looks like it was a CB that someone put on scrambler pipes. Also it is red and looks like original paint although I don't think they came in red that year. Looking forward to learning a lot from this forum./

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
CB160s go back to 1965 -- Honda has 1965 CB160 parts fiches -- and they came in red, white, blue and black (although I'm not sure if all colors were available all years, although someone will likely come along and chime in on that point). You should be able to tell from the VIN if it was a CL or CB -- and frequently the VIN stamped on the frame leaves the "C" off which can be a pain when registering. These are great bikes, I've had one for about 10 years and have had 3-4 over that time period. Fun little bikes to zip around on. And yeah -- let's see some photos!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. On the wiring harness is the date 1965. The frame numbers start with a B. Ill post some pictures when I figure out how to do it.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
The Honda ID Book shows all years with the same VIN series, shows 4 colors but doesn't specify year availability. Originally released in July of 1964

CB160.jpg

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yes, they came in red in 1965. Hiding beneath the black frame paint on my '65 is original Honda red!

Welcome to the forum and let's see some pix!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts