Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum. I'm currently restoring a 1963 CA95.
Could someone explain the 5 key switch positions. What position should it be in to get the bike to start?

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
This should help. I am in the middle of tracing out my 1964 CA95's wiring circuits.
KeyPosition.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey....Thanks for the reply. I have that diagram from the manual and have been using the II position to try to start the bike. However, I am having trouble getting the bike to fire at all? It makes no sense to me at this point. I have spark (although it is weak) I have good compression and fuel? Timing is good and points are gapped correctly...yet it will not fire???. Something that is very curious, is the Coil seems to heat up while i'm trying to get it to fire. I'll keep working through the wiring and testing components of the system.

Thanks again for your reply....
Paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
No problem... You should be able to start it from I, II, or III if I am reading the diagram correctly. Have you tried either of those? Just curious, can you kick start it?

I am have decided to convert from 6v to 12v so I will become very familiar with my CA95's wiring!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Again bud.....please let me know how you did that conversion. I plan on that in the near future as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts