Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this in Sept '08, had no intention of buying it at the asking price of $5K. I had talked to the owner three years earlier but had never seen the bike. When it popped up on Craigslist I had to go and look. I paid no where near the asking price, the owner agreed to my offer. It is rare to find a bike that the original owner purchased brand new. This bike was purchased in July of 1962 at Portland, Oregon's first Honda dealership, Allied Motors. The bike has 3800 actual miles and extremely complete. Perfect complete toolkit w/the never used tire patches, two sets of original keys, owners manual, two white Wheelsport helmets in very good condition and the rare Honda accessory saddle bags. At some point in it's life the owner did replace the the mufflers with NOS units. The mirror which was a clamp on unit as there was no provision on the perches to screw one on has been replaced with an A/M OEM type rectangular that I won on ebay. It runs like new!

Dick

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, complete and running. He had had someone check it out in July to get it running again. I just had to charge the battery and it fired right up, ran perfect. He even included the battery charger.

Dick

·
Registered
207 Posts
What an interesting peice of early Honda history in America- I absolutely love it. It's inspiring to know that survivor bikes with known and documented histories are still out there, and that people who appreciate it are now caretakers! I for one would love to see more detailed pictures of things like the tool kit, gauges, underneath the seat, etc.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Holy moly! :eek: What a great story and what a cool bike. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's a few pic's of the toolkit, helmets and the title showing the process date of 7/25/62
Lawrence, the original owner told me his parents would not let him buy a motorcycle so when he could make his own decisions he bought this and it was the only bike he had ever owned up to age 73 when he sold it. He really reminded me of someone who got caught up in the "You meet the Nicest People on a Honda"! Couple more pic's to follow........................

Attachments

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
The story about the previous owner is so COOL! You just don't find bikes, or people, like that everyday..

BEAUTIFUL specimen..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
210 Posts
WOW, amazing find! Incredible that he could have that bike for over 40 years and only put 3500 miles on it. Very cool!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
This thing needs to be in a museum. Or at least under glass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts