Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 175 race bike was getting tired at the end of last season.

Here are some shots before reassembly. Cylinders 1mm over with new Honda pistons. The head was redone using Kibblewhite stainless valves and valve springs. The intakes are oversized to make use of the porting. This should be a dependable motor.

I will get some pics after the assembly is done.

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Very Clean :D
I should know this --Are the numbers on the top of pistons the weight? 2nd guess- cylinder volume?

Larry

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We marked the weight on the pistons. We also marked the cylinder they went in.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Very clean indeed!! I'll also be following this, as I suspect the rest of the Hondatwins members will.. Keep us up to date with lots of photos!! ;)

Maybe you can teach me a little about the 175 in the end... :cool:

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
210 Posts
gene03079 said:
We marked the weight on the pistons.
It may be a silly question but if you know the weight of the pistons is not equal why did you not remove a little from the heaviest?

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Allow me to suggest that the con-rods, gudgeons (wrist pins), rings and circlips were also weighed and the parts "adjusted" or swapped about to maximize/equalize balance side to side....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think we are very close to balanced at this point. A bit of work but real close.

The assembly hang up came when we went to install the cam chain. We are using a riveted master link and found we have the wrong link. I need to order a cam chain and riveted master link along with the tool to install.

I don't trust the clip on the stock link to hold up in the race motor.

I have a lot going into this motor for the HP picked up. I think it will be very dependable and finish a few races with out problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts