Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
‘72 Cl175
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I’m new! I’m from Iowa. I have a cl175 twin needing fully rebuilt from being pulled out of a barn. My idea is a trail riding/ Flat track style future with this. Where do I even start, where are good parts near me? Thank you!

·
Registered
495 Posts
If you’re trying to link to the other forum, this software will not let you. It censors and redirects back to this site.

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
Google the words in my sig.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
That is so sad, trolling here for the other forum.
I would start your project by taking stock of what you have. Is the engine in runnable condition? Have you tried to turn it over?
TOOLS

·
Registered
‘72 Cl175
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys thank you for the replies, it’s straight out of the barn, it’s in good shape for the most part but it’ll need obvious stuff like new wheels, tires, throttle controls and brake/clutch levers. If it’s possible to swap in another Honda motor of any sort just a little bigger I’m interested! If not, I wanna know what is capable reasonably with these 175 twins. I’m 6’4 230lbs. And I just wanna enjoy it buy ripping around the trails or taking it to my local short track and just having some fun flat tracking

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys thank you for the replies, it’s straight out of the barn, it’s in good shape for the most part but it’ll need obvious stuff like new wheels, tires, throttle controls and brake/clutch levers. If it’s possible to swap in another Honda motor of any sort just a little bigger I’m interested! If not, I wanna know what is capable reasonably with these 175 twins. I’m 6’4 230lbs. And I just wanna enjoy it buy ripping around the trails or taking it to my local short track and just having some fun flat tracking
Lots of barn finds only need a battery and a carb cleaning, it's a Honda so probably not worn out. The more original you keep it, the more it's worth. You should be able to cruise at 55, top out about 80, wonderful for exploring backroads and around town and since you're from Iowa, all those gravel county roads all over the state.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys! I’m new! I’m from Iowa. I have a cl175 twin needing fully rebuilt from being pulled out of a barn. My idea is a trail riding/ Flat track style future with this. Where do I even start, where are good parts near me? Thank you!
I had a lot of luck getting parts on eBay for my 1971 CL175. Had to do a total top end rebuild because it had an oil starvation issue related to the spring loaded ring being collapsed on the oil filter
cover. It runs great now.

on the oil filter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts