Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Honda gang,

I’m back again. I just rebuilt my Honda engine and got the bike back together after a few months. I turned the key and nothing..no neutral light, no lights or horn, just nothing. I then spent a good 8 hours and back tracked through all the electric looking for some break in the circuit or a possible mistake and found nothing.
The electric worked perfect before I tore the bike apart so it’s definitely a mistake I’ve made. I added a combo regulator/rectifier unit and swapped the analog points out for an electric system. I quadruple checked those adjustments and they are fine.
I took a multi meter to the battery (new agm) and it read 16 volts. I asked a mechanic friend who said that’s extremely weird but not causing my problem. Every place I checked along the wiring system I’m getting voltage. Checked before and after the fuse and there’s voltage. Being very new to the electrical system, I’m not exactly sure what I’m looking for in terms of voltage though. A friend told me to check the ground for impedance in ohms but I don’t completely understand what I’m looking for.
Any help appreciated as I’m sure I’m screwing up something basic.
Thank you all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Got to be bad earth's, if you powder coated the frame it can be an issue. Double check the earth eyes are clean against clean metal on the frame .

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had this issue after I rebuilt a bike. Funny thing was it was just a sticky starter. I took the starter apart, cleaned it and it was good to go. Not sure your bike has an electric start though.

Other than making sure it is properly grounded, I would say trace your wires one at a time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts