Honda Twins banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 · (Edited)
Tank looks good, so does seat. Don't ruin seat with dookie brown leather. Black leather!
Ha! Maybe you're right. I might take the old seat cover apart and use it as a trial run. Can't hurt to see how it would look in black, and it's free!

Edit: Just checked and the old cover isn't large enough for the new seat. Bummer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
So I tracked down the long threaded rod that goes through the bottom mount on the frame and engine that I was missing. Now I have the issue that the hole in the frame is 10mm diameter and the bolt is 12mm! Did they go to a larger size in later models? I had a hard enough time finding this rod at a reasonable price that finding another, and potentially having the same issue, does not sound great. Would it be out of the question to carefully widen the holes in the frame to allow the larger rod? I'm not sure if the engine hole is 10mm or 12mm, I need to pull the engine out of the frame to see. Best I can tell this is not a structural point, but just another mount for the engine, but I'm also not an expert or an engineer!
Does anyone have any thoughts regarding drilling out these mount holes?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
It’s been a while but finally getting back to it! Got a battery tray roughed in, badges on, carbs and pods installed. Ran into an issue with carb boots not being long enough to get the choke lever to clear the bolts on the engine cover. More research needed. Looking at getting wiring to re-wire all the pigtails from various parts (ignition, stator, horn, handlebar controls, etc.).
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Automotive fuel system Fuel tank
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Light Automotive design
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive wheel system Auto part
Light Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Engineering

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Looking for input. I’m trying to workout where to install electronics so I can determine battery cable lengths. Thinking about putting the solenoid either vertically next to the regulator/rectifier, or horizontally on the opposite side of the battery. Battery terminals on the same side as the solenoid? The box is my mock battery. I could also maybe move the regulator/rectifier on top of frame behind the battery box if necessary. Open to any recommendations!
Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Bag Automotive exterior Luggage and bags

61 - 69 of 69 Posts