Jackets that won't break the bank? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Jackets that won't break the bank?

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    Has anyone tried the Viking Warlock? It's got pretty good reviews and it looks well-ventilated. It's also got a liner when it's cooler. I just wish they made it like all silver, in the Summer the black isn't exactly ideal to fend off the heat. I've got a Joe Rocket Atomic 5 which I really like, but it has no mesh, and it does get hot in the Summer when you're not moving. Not sure how much cooler a mesh jacket would get though, it might not be worth it here in MD, I don't know...
    It would be interesting to know what the mesh is made from. I picture it shredding as you slide along the pavement or worse melting. I chuckled when I read "feel safe, protected". Shouldn't it say, be safe and protected with our supermesh system, or something along those lines?

In the shop! Backwoods of Nova Scotia, Canada
    As a general rule, I don't wear any "plastic" clothing on the bike... natural all the way (cottons and leathers).
    I may be way off, but in the event of a crash, the thought of the polyester/nylon fabrics melting into my skin worries me...
    That said, I do have an older pair of Joe Rocket Ballistic pants that are awesome in the rain and easy to pull on over my boots.
    CB500T Project - https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/1-...tml#post154735
    Dune Buggy Project - https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/1-...ml#post1032428

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. - James D Nicholl

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I chuckled when I read "feel safe, protected". Shouldn't it say, be safe and protected with our supermesh system, or something along those lines?
    Good point!! What their website says is that "Our Signature Fabric is a 100% 600D Polyester coated by PU (polyurethane)". I would hope that they tested it, but I do not know, and obviously I shouldn't go with just hope. That being said I could have sworn I saw some reviews on amazon from people who unfortunately did go down with it and reported it held up well...

Personally, I really like the Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0. Sucks that's it's 3 times the price, but I prefer it because 1) I already have a Joe Rocket jacket and I like it a LOT (Atomic 5), 2) there's one model that's entirely light gray in color (the last thing I want when I'm out and it's how is an all-black jacket! Or black anywhere really...) and 3) I think it's all mesh outside (as opposed to no mesh on the forearms for example). I just wonder how noticeably cooler it'd feel compared to my Atomic jacket though, so whether or not it'd be worth it shelling out another $160 for a second jacket that I might not really need. So far we've had a few crazy hot days here in MD and the Atomic is not too bad... I head out to work at 6:40 am typically so no issues, so the only time I'm hot is on my commute back (~20 mins) and when running errands... so the $50 Ironside jacket seems like a more sensible choice.
    2007 Honda Nighthawk CB250
    2004 Saab 9-3 Aero (because sometimes it rains )

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

jackets, eh? I can assist....
    I have 3. www.leatherup.com has Xelement in-house brand armored textile mesh jackets for 100 bucks. I had a very minor accident and the jacket did not even rip and the armor, level 3 I am told, worked for me. Still have it 6+ years later.
    It vents well for summer, though the zip out liner has a poor zipper and after all this time the inner liner is stinky and ripped but I still use it on the very hot rides. size up.

I have a Kawasaki branded armored textile jacket, which is tapered fit and does not vent as well as the above but the material is obviously stronger as its much newer. purchased for 50 bucks shipped, barely used. Good choice, zip out liner is better constructed.

Just got this for a mere 100 bucks. fits true to size and I know you cannot get a classic bike jacket for this price. buffalo hide, not as thick as I expected but it breaks in nicely and fits well. pockets galore, zip out liner. the armor is fair at best but you can upgrade and still come out ahead, the jacket base price is cheap enough. thankfully not crash tested.
    M Boss Apparel BOS11505 Mens Black Armored Vented Leather Jacket

Hey! I got an official Honda Fairchild Full Armor Leather Motorcycle Jacket from about 1999. I don't think this is what you are looking for but I will let you decide. It was $550 new. I want $150 firm. Good luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jackets that won't break the bank?-0910191928_1568345925049.jpg   Jackets that won't break the bank?-0910191929a_1568345974761.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Viking71 View Post
    Hey! I got an official Honda Fairchild Full Armor Leather Motorcycle Jacket from about 1999. I don't think this is what you are looking for but I will let you decide. It was $550 new. I want $150 firm. Good luck.
    Size?

The photo at the right shows a tag reading 2XL.
    CB250 Nighthawk projects 92,93,92.
    81 CM400C Sold
    93 CB750 Nighthawk Sold
    73 CB750K3 Long term project stuck in the 'parts collecting stage.'
    Fork Swap info: http://sites.google.com/site/alansdocuments/

Its a very small 2 x. 2x is what I wear and it's not even close to fitting me.To me its a large when the padding is installed. I say it would fit someone around 190lbs perfect. Super high quality though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links