All Over but the Crying!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: All Over but the Crying!

All Over but the Crying!

THANK YOU HONDATWINS.NET!!! In 2016 I bought this beat CB350 at the Barber Swap Meet.

All Over but the Crying!-20161008_081147.jpg

I worked on it regularly and kept things moving forward, albeit very slowly. In February of this year, I committed to race the bike at the Topeka AHRMA race this weekend. For six months, I've dedicated ALL my free time to getting this thing ready. I've picked brains here, and always come away more knowledgeable than I was before. Thank you all for your contributions, explanations, and education. Extra special thanks to Steve (66Sprint) for spending time on the phone with me, and just for being the absolute encyclopedia that he is. I could not have finished this project without you guys. With those thanks given, I present to you the bike I intend to race this weekend! If any of you guys are racing or planning to attend the event, please stop by the pit and say hello!

All Over but the Crying!-dsc_0056-1-.jpg
    krukster86, bradalden and Pops like this.

Looks good!....BUT it needs some adjusting at the front brake (so the lever arms are parallel and apply both shoes equally and together)
    Plus, I would add number plates, a chain guard, and a "dead-man's Kill switch"..... Phone for details on any of the preceding.......
    Last edited by 66Sprint; 06-27-2019 at 11:21 AM.
    ShaneP likes this.
    "I have a mind like a steel trap.....Old and rusty, of antiquated design, and hard to get stuff back out of...."
    Contact info: E-mail; [email protected] Phone; 540-525-5199

I'm not usually a fan of store-bought billet rearsets, but those look pretty nice - where did you get them and how much, if I might ask?
    Tom

Ride along at the drag strip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20jFPazXlvU

running points... because I'm too old for mysteries that begin with pushing

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

Now that I've re-looked at the rearsets, PLEASE also replace the missing bolts in the step arms as they are supports for the swingarm assembly.......
    "I have a mind like a steel trap.....Old and rusty, of antiquated design, and hard to get stuff back out of...."

Steve, I never cease to be amazed at how keen your eyes are for the things I've done wrong! Hahahaha! The front brakes have been adjusted, number plates are on, I don't *think* I have to have a chain guard, but I do have one in case it needs to go on. These photos were taken to meet a deadline to have a banner made and finish a blog. I try to maintain my "Clark Kent" identity here, mainly because I prefer to be speaking as a representative of Me, Inc. and no one else, but I pay the bills on the staff at Motorcycle Classics magazine and I've been blogging this process on the website. Here's part 1 of the 6 part series if you're interested in checking it out:

https://www.motorcycleclassics.com/m...r-zb0z1902zhur

The rearsets are a CB350-specific set from Old School Speed, available from Dime City Cycles for $220.

SOMEBODY better mail me copies of the magazines that contain all 6 parts.........

Pretty sure the dead-man's kill is a requirement for racing.........
    Please re-read post#4..........

Quote Originally Posted by 66Sprint View Post
    SOMEBODY better mail me copies of the magazines that contain all 6 parts.........

Pretty sure the dead-man's kill is a requirement for racing.........
    Please re-read post#4..........
    Hahaha 5 of the 6 are online, number 6 hasn't been written. It will be a follow up. There will also be a print feature about my experience with the AHRMA Fast and Safe Roadrace School that I'm taking tomorrow. PM me your address and I will more than happily get you a subscription "on the house" for all your help!

Best I can tell by the rule book, I'm only required to have a handlebar kill switch. If that turns out to not be the case, I guess I'll tie a rope from my leathers to the negative battery terminal
    Bill H likes this.

That bike looks great (before AND after), nice work.
    Dead man's kill was never a requirement in the past for road racing, I will be looking for a current pic when you get it with plates etc. I will never understand where all these people on here keep running across free and cheap bikes? That bike's before looks pretty close to my bike, seized engine and all, and I had to pay a whole lot more than that for mine!

I assume you've safety wired everything and have an oil catch etc.?

I love the whole idea of this, these twins seem like they would be the perfect platform for something like this, light, cheap, slow enough to not get in over your head (at my age) and FUN!

Best of luck, have fun and be safe.
    CT70 Gone but not forgotten
    1971 CL175 Current project

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links