Any Honda305 forum members here?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Any Honda305 forum members here?

Any Honda305 forum members here?

As the Honda305 forum seems to be floundering, I wonder if any of its regular posters are also members here. Please check in.

Seadog

Yep, wish they could cure that spam epidemic.
    '65 YG1
    '65 CB160
    '66 CL160
    '67 CL77
    '68 TR6
    '69 T100R
    '69 T120R
    '72 Commando 750
    '78 XS650E
    '79 Gl1000
    '81 440 LTD
    My company car is a Kenworth

I have been on that site a few times, but not a regular poster there.
    TOOLS

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

I've only visited the 305 forum a couple of times, don't have much experience there. It's amazing how many sites are overcome with spam and/or discouraging attitudes. I found a drag racing post from another forum during a search the other night and really enjoyed the thread, so I went to join the site and found their attitude - and a recent change to "American and British bikes only" - to be disappointing. They actually required you to tell them what brand of bikes you own and make a short bio before you could even finalize joining. One thing they have right though... their system, which visually appears to be the exact same structure we have here, points you directly to the Introduction area before you can post anywhere else (as in, it won't allow you post anything else until you do). I made that suggestion to the admins here a few months ago but they said they had bigger issues with the transition that was going on and though it was a good idea, it would be a while before it could be implemented
    Tom

CL450 project reboot, street legal this time
    Budget drag bike project
    CB350K1 full patina project
    Ride along at the drag strip

running points... because I'm too old for mysteries that begin with pushing

Information gathering has become a major priority in today’s society.
    TOOLS
    oupa likes this.

Spent some time on the 305 site for info from Bill silvers books and Cds and other items. Did not like the forum nor spend much time there. If you do much work on 305s IMHO his books are a must have.

Bill

Been a member of honda305.com, since April of 2006, among others. Lots of good info there. Only hope that things get resolved, to correct the Spam problem. I have been a member of a few other places, that ended up going under and lost some great friends that way.

BTW, lots of good info here, as well. To me, there is always the possibility of being able to find out some things, at different places, that might not be realized, at any other forum & it all comes together that way, if you see what I mean? Anyway, I like to cover all the bases, in case of there being a part or issue that one person, from any forum, might have come across & others hadn't. So, we ALL could benefit, by learning from others from other forums as well & pass it on. After all, we ALL are on these forums, for the same basic reasons, right?
    Last edited by bill440cars; 11-12-2018 at 09:32 AM.
    Seadog likes this.
    My Continued Prayers for A Friend's Daughter: Bre, Another Friend's Daughter: Brianna & My Brother, of another Mother, Eddie

Main Rides & Drives: '83GPZ1100, '66 CB77, '63 CL72, '72 SL2350K2, Suzuki SP250F,
    '69 GTX & '07 Charger R/T

Possible Projects: '64 CB77 MockUp

"You CAN Teach An Old Dog New Tricks, It Just Takes A Bit Longer & More Patience"

Thanks for your replies. I recognize Mike because he uses the same forum name there, as do I. bill440cars, you must use something different.

I've been a member on Honda305 for several years. The spam plague there has made me steer away from it, however. The site administrator is in absentia, doing nothing about the spam problem. It is very frustrating to have to scroll through 5 pages of spam per topic per day just to find a real post. I imagine that quite a few members there are also on here. Jensen comes to mind...
    Seadog likes this.
    1965 CB450 K0
    1966 CB450 K0 (current project)
    1964 CB77
    1965 CB77
    1964 CB72 (upcoming project)
    1965 CB72 (current project)
    1964 CA77
    1972 CB350 K4
    1960 Triumph TR6 Trophy (always looking for parts to finish this one...)
    1980 CB750K
    1982 XL250R

Very few forums, this one excluded, have significant activity anymore. As I predicted a couple of years ago when photobucket and other picture hosting sites banned hot-linking (unless you paid a ransom), many forums would die off. That along with the percentage of lurkers being well over 90%. Most forums are now accessed through a search engine while looking for a way to fix a problem, with some forums that have been around for a decade or more, there's a good chance their searches will be successful (thus no need to join or contribute.) I used to be very active on about a dozen forums including honda305, but with a few rare exceptions have left the scene, although not my passion for vintage bikes. I no longer had the desire to post solutions or other informative input (rarely would I ever ask a question as I'm capable in most cases to figure it out on my own) just to have it end the thread with no feedback as to whether it helped the OP or not. I know there will be a lot of scoffing, but I've moved all my activity to closed groups, specific to models on facebook. Yes there's even a Honda 250 - 305 group as well as 450's. It does have some formatting drawbacks for certain types of posts, such as build threads and ongoing problems, but the backfeed is almost instant. As with any forum you still have to separate the BS from fact. Now when posting on facebook you can get a hundred responses in a day and need to stay on top of it, while on a forum you can put up a post and check back in a week to see if anyone even saw it.
    Seadog and oupa like this.
    ...the era is gone forever, fortunately the motorcycles remain...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links