CB360 Disc caliper location

CB360 Disc caliper location

Hi all,

I have an oppurtunity to buy a cb360 front disc brake wheel with all the items necessary to convert my K0 cb250 to disc brakes on the front.
    I take it this is a straight bolt up to the front and the axle is the same diameter and length as the 360s?
    I'm just wondering if the caliper can mount to the existing drum rod mounts on my 250 / 350, or if it uses it's own specific mount, and I am going to have to buy CB360 forks?
    I'm told CB350F, 400F and 500 front wheels / discs are the same too? is this true?

Thanking You for any information or just leading me down the right path.

Warm Regards,

Tom Serna.

Since you have access to the internet, many of these things can be cross-referenced using the parts info at places like cmsnl.com to see if the part numbers are the same, or parts from different models of one bike will interchange. You can also look at partzilla.com too
    Tom

Ride along at the drag strip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20jFPazXlvU

running points... because I'm too old for mysteries that begin with pushing

Try to make a deal to get the fork legs too, the drum brake fork leg doesn't have a spot to bolt on the caliper.
    '65 YG1
    '65 CB160
    '66 CL160
    '67 CL77
    '68 TR6
    '69 T100R
    '69 T120R
    '72 Commando 750
    '78 XS650E
    '79 Gl1000
    '81 440 LTD
    My company car is a Kenworth

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

Central Florida-Altamonte Springs. Sometimes South Wales UK
    If you have taper top fork legs I'm pretty sure they are too narrow for disc front end. If you have later model it should be a direct bolt on. The lower caliper mount bolt fits into torque arm bolt hole and top mounts to mudguard mounting. You will need front mudguard bracket. 500 wheel doesn't fit, it's 40 hole hub and 19" but information for CB250,350,360,400f and 350f is correct, all hubs are the same36 hole. Post a pic of forks with a 'close up' of left fork leg
    There are three types of people in the world, those who can count and those who can't
    I'm not a complete idiot, but, I'm working on it

I already bought the 360 forks as I couldn't pass up the deal. Will they go straight into my triple clamps and still fit the tyre etc? , they look similiar, and I prefer than the 250/350 top clamp mounts the bars lower too.
    Hopefully I should have the tyre and disc and the rest of the hardware by the end of the month..
    I'm selling off all my old 350 stuff - forks, lower covers, wheels and brakes. I know most of you are in the states but I'm prepared to let them go for a pretty smashing deal. No tyre as it's a brand new Bridgestone BT45 that will go onto the 360 wheel (when I get it)
    Last edited by shoom; 07-09-2018 at 01:29 AM.

Central Florida-Altamonte Springs. Sometimes South Wales UK
    If it's a parallel bore, clamped top yoke, forks will slide right in as late 350's were 33mm diameter. 350's had washers in the 'split' to prevent overtightening and cracking top yoke which is very common on 360's. There is a flat on washer that goes towards fork leg
    There are three types of people in the world, those who can count and those who can't
    I'm not a complete idiot, but, I'm working on it

Sponsored Links