Summer Ride Hancock MD/VA Area
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Summer Ride Hancock MD/VA Area

This is a must attend ride... Doesn't make a difference what you ride, all are welcome

Location: Happy Hills Campground at 12617 Seavolt Road Hancock, MD 21750.
    Happy Hills Campground | Hancock, MD 21750
    Date: July 25-28, 2019

When you make your reservation, Tell them you are with the CTX1300 group.
    - Tents sites: $25 per night w/o electric; $39 per night with electric
    - Cabins: $75 per night
    - RV hook ups 30amps $42 per day; 50amps $44 per day

The WV/MD/PA area has some great mountain rides. Not to mention getting to hang out with folks from the forum. Everyone is invited so bring your family members and friends even if the ride other models.

General Plan for now is:
    Thursday July 25, 2019: Folks Arrive
    Friday July 26, 2019: PA 9/11 Ride
    Saturday July 27, 2019: WV Mountain Ride
    Sunday July 28, 2019: Folks Head Home
    __
    Brian
    1985 Honda CB450SC
    1980 Honda CB750F
    1982 Honda CB900F
    1980 Honda GL1000

Huh? HANCOCK, MD?

Well that's practically my backyard. I actually owned property there a few years ago.
    I know quite well where Happy Hills is.

Now, the question is, riding the the Flt.93 memorial, is understandable. That's always popular. The twisties through the WV mountains are always fun, but it IS based in MARYLAND after all. You open to some MARYLAND suggestions?
    "They're not like cars with a body that rusts out in a few years. Keep them tuned and overhauled and they'll last as long as you do. Probably longer." - Robert Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by oupa View Post
    Huh? HANCOCK, MD? [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/images/smilies/icon_e_surprised.gif[/IMG]

Well that's practically my backyard. I actually owned property there a few years ago. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif[/IMG]
    I know quite well where Happy Hills is.

Now, the question is, riding the the Flt.93 memorial, is understandable. That's always popular. The twisties through the WV mountains are always fun, but it IS based in MARYLAND after all. You open to some MARYLAND suggestions? [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif[/IMG] [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif[/IMG]
    Absolutely!
    __
    Brian
    1985 Honda CB450SC
    1980 Honda CB750F
    1982 Honda CB900F
    1980 Honda GL1000

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

The last several evenings I've actually been working on a small rally list - if unfamiliar, it's kinda-sorta like a scavenger hunt, NOT the masquerade party and drinking contests typically envisioned by the words motorcycle rally. And not the typical bar hoppin poker run. "The tour of honor" is a popular rally you may have heard of. What I've been working on is MUCH smaller, localized version! Comprising the region slightly east of I-70, west to Deep Creek Lake in MD. and bordering counties in PA with a theme of settlement era & early transportation & industrial development. Forts, Indian raids, defense & settlement roads, stone & covered bridges... I have about 80 easily accessed by M/C sites on some really nice secondary roads (U.S. 30, 40, 220, 522 etc.) Hancock is actually just about in the center of the area covered as it turns out.

I was working on it as a promotion for some local M/C businesses, but hey, a little cut'n paste and it's a whole new list!

If you'd like to consider it, I can send the documents & we can discuss how to adapt it for your event. - BTW, I don't do this stuff for $$$ I'm NOT soliciting!
    "They're not like cars with a body that rusts out in a few years. Keep them tuned and overhauled and they'll last as long as you do. Probably longer." - Robert Pirsig

By all means send the documents (PDF) to my email: [email protected]
    A local Honda dealer is sponsoring the event for food, banners, etc.
    __
    Brian
    1985 Honda CB450SC
    1980 Honda CB750F
    1982 Honda CB900F
    1980 Honda GL1000

"Local" as in here or Long Island?

I'll try to get it together for you this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by oupa View Post
    "Local" as in here or Long Island?

I'll try to get it together for you
    this evening.
    Local as in Hancock MD
    __
    Brian
    1985 Honda CB450SC
    1980 Honda CB750F
    1982 Honda CB900F
    1980 Honda GL1000

The tent sites have water and electrical hookup. Cabins are available with electrical. I have a cabin reserved so I will not be bringing tent and other gear. As far as I know, if you can fit it into your tent site (and it is a tent) then fit as much as you can into it. Bring a swimsuit as the pool will be open! Group Dining arrangements have yet to be made but if you feel like cooking something in the middle of the night, by all means bring whatever you'll think you'll need.
    __
    Brian
    1985 Honda CB450SC
    1980 Honda CB750F
    1982 Honda CB900F
    1980 Honda GL1000

I'm a biggy on making reservations ASAP. It sucks to wait a month or so before and find out that everything has been booked. If you find that you can't go, you can always cancel your reservation.

Lots of room for trailer parking. For pictures go here: Happy Hills Campground
    Tent camp sites are E sites (water and electrical) - lower left corner. Cabins nearby.

Summer Ride Hancock MD/VA Area-blank__element55.jpg
    Last edited by BlueThunder; 03-02-2019 at 09:54 AM.
    __
    Brian
    1985 Honda CB450SC
    1980 Honda CB750F
    1982 Honda CB900F
    1980 Honda GL1000

What?? No one rides in Maryland??
    __
    Brian
    1985 Honda CB450SC
    1980 Honda CB750F
    1982 Honda CB900F