Just clicks

Thread: Just clicks

Just clicks

Hi guys I rode my bike to work the other day and it was running fine, at lunch I started it and it started right up . Then later in the day it rained really heavy and the bike was out in it any way after work I want to start it and it was only clicking so I bumped started it and gone home I've charged the battery and replace the starter solenoid and it's a little better but still only clicks. Does anyone have any idea's on what it got be ? Cheers Scotty . It's a 83 cm250c honda. Cheers

Phone me to discuss, but....it's likely time for a new battery...
    Last edited by 66Sprint; 11-14-2019 at 04:00 AM.
    "I have a mind like a steel trap.....Old and rusty, of antiquated design, and hard to get stuff back out of...."
    Contact info: E-mail; [email protected] Phone; 540-525-5199

Moved to SOHC electrical.
    JT
    81 CM400T

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

Battery is the usual issue. I had a similar problem with a CX500 and it turned out to be a faulty starter button. The activation circuit on the solenoid was getting enough current running through it and so the internal contacts of the solenoid wren't latching well enough for the starter motor to get the juice it needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonreir View Post
    Battery is the usual issue. I had a similar problem with a CX500 and it turned out to be a faulty starter button. The activation circuit on the solenoid was getting enough current running through it and so the internal contacts of the solenoid wren't latching well enough for the starter motor to get the juice it needed.
    My starter button had old caked up grease preventing good contact. I had about 5vdc on the yellow/red wire to the solenoid. It might also be your battery. Quick check with a volt meter should tell you. Good luck.

Larry

Sponsored Links