79 CM400T running lights?

79 CM400T running lights?

So I replaced my headlight with the EMGO bucket, cut the nuts off the insides and put the stock turn signals in with the original ground tabbed nuts.

I've got my turn signals working seemingly fine, but there are no running lights.

I also had an issue with my rear tail light, though I think I found that it was a loose ground wire that grounds to the frame of the tail light assembly.

What exactly powers the running lights in the front turn signals? Are they tied into the same circuit as the rear tail light?

I've looked at a few wiring diagrams but figured someone might be able to point me in a more precise direction.

Quote Originally Posted by ptl6spd View Post
    So I replaced my headlight with the EMGO bucket, cut the nuts off the insides and put the stock turn signals in with the original ground tabbed nuts.

I've got my turn signals working seemingly fine, but there are no running lights.

I also had an issue with my rear tail light, though I think I found that it was a loose ground wire that grounds to the frame of the tail light assembly.

What exactly powers the running lights in the front turn signals?...Brown/white stripe wire from taillight fuse... Are they tied into the same circuit as the rear tail light? Not exactly....They are separated by the left/right turn signal switch, and are turned OFF when you chooser a directionality.....

I've looked at a few wiring diagrams but figured someone might be able to point me in a more precise direction.
    Phone to discuss if you like....
    "I have a mind like a steel trap.....Old and rusty, of antiquated design, and hard to get stuff back out of...."
    Contact info: E-mail; [email protected] Phone; 540-525-5199

Quote Originally Posted by 66Sprint View Post
    Phone to discuss if you like....
    Your info was very helpful.

I was confused by the issue because I couldn't figure out how the turn signals got power for the running light part compared to the singaling part.

Even though the lights were working, and I had replaced the taillight fuse, I still couldn't get them to turn on as running lights.

I replaced the ground wire in the tail light assembly and it worked, bolted everything back up and then it didn't work...

I then did the old bolt-instead-of-a-fuse thing and this is when I found my real issue. I was trying to make sure the bolt was snug when the lights starting flickering. I put the fuse back on and just shook the little fuse box and boom, everything works now.

It seems that the clips or crimped parts in the back of the box are loose.

I was going to take the little fuse box apart and try to fix it, but I figured I might as well replace these three old tube style fuses with modern ones and call it a day.

Sponsored Links