Cb450 perspective drawing poster
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Cb450 perspective drawing poster

Cb450 perspective drawing poster

I made this at work today.

Cb450 perspective drawing poster-img_3225.jpg

I was happy with how it turned out so I wanted to share it with you guys and see what you think.

I bought an old shop manual (binder version) on eBay with these 2 exploded/perspective views for $80.

(The guitar pick is for scale)
    Cb450 perspective drawing poster-img_3214.jpg

Cb450 perspective drawing poster-img_3215.jpg

I then paid $2 to get high-resolution scans at Kinkos. spent 4hrs on photoshop cleaning up the drawings. Drove an hour and a half to the work office (I work from home) to use the large printer. bought a 27"x40" frame from Michael's arts and crafts store for $37. A little trimming to make the print fit (I printed these on 32"x40" sheets of paper). And there you have it.

Cb450 perspective drawing poster-img_3216.jpg

I'm happy with the end result. A little inspiration while I work at my desk.

Cb450 perspective drawing poster-img_3229.jpg
    Alan F., ancientdad, fxray and 6 others like this.
    • 1975 CB750 K5 (Brat and loving it, but do miss the smoothness of a stock ride)
    • 1973 CB450 K6 currently being rebuilt.
    • 1967 CB450 K0 Black Bomber. Acquiring parts for rebuild.
    • 1966 CB450 K0 Black Bomber. Acquiring parts for rebuild.

Still very green and learning. All help is very much appreciate!!

Blue2swing,

That's a great idea, and very nicely executed! A lot of the old manuals have some beautifully drawn artwork. You found a good way to appreciate this one. Thanks for the description of the process you followed.
    It's hard to have too many motorcycles, but easy to have too many batteries and tires.

1971 CL350K3
    1970 CB450K3
    Plus a few non-Hondas

Very cool. I've been meaning to do some pieces for my office using the engine cutout drawings in the manuals but never seem to get around to it.
    Perry

1972 Honda CB350
    / 1978 Honda XL250S / 1982 Honda MB5 / 2017 Honda Africa Twin
    Riding Through the Fog

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

Looks Great! Would love to get the cleaned up image from you, would make an awesome desktop background.

I want your job....
    Bill Lane
    Honda Twins Founding Member

No advice, just info

'75 CB200T, '71 CB450 K4 Half-Breed, '72 CL350 (Sold), '81 CM200T, '72 C70M
    and a little red Chineeze scooter

http://www.bikeexif.com/honda-cb450-restoration

Quote Originally Posted by fxray View Post
    Blue2swing,

That's a great idea, and very nicely executed! A lot of the old manuals have some beautifully drawn artwork. You found a good way to appreciate this one. Thanks for the description of the process you followed.
    Thank you fxray.

Quote Originally Posted by HerrDeacon View Post
    Very cool. I've been meaning to do some pieces for my office using the engine cutout drawings in the manuals but never seem to get around to it.
    What pieces have you been wanting to do? From the CB450K0 shop manual or a diffrent bike? I may be able to clean some of these images for you, however, it will be up to you to have them printed out. These print outs used a lot of toner. I got the boss's approval before hand, of course, But I was glad he wasn't there for the actual printing, lol. If the images you are talking about are from the K0 shop manual I may already have them scanned. Just let me know which ones they are. If they are for a diffrent bike, then have Kinkos make high resolution scans and email them to me. I can try to knock them out while I'm watching the Chernobyl mini series.

Quote Originally Posted by ken hooligan View Post
    Looks Great! Would love to get the cleaned up image from you, would make an awesome desktop background.
    I think the two print outs came out well, better than I expected. But I think I can still make them better. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with the cleaned up images. Share them for free, or try to sell prints to help fund my bomber rebuild. Even though I don't think I will be able to print and sell enough to make a real dent in the over all cost of the project. I'm leaning more towards giving the file away for free and letting people print out their own prints. Let me think about it... I'll PM you the file if I go that route .

Quote Originally Posted by tbpmusic View Post
    I want your job....
    I like it .
    ancientdad likes this.
    • 1975 CB750 K5 (Brat and loving it, but do miss the smoothness of a stock ride)

I liked how the framed Perspective drawing looked so much that I went back to Michael's arts and crafts to purchase a second frame for the engine exploded view drawing. This time I plan on hanging the exploded view in my garage to also serve as a reference during the engine rebuilds. I purchased the largest frame that the Michaels in my area carries (27"x40" same size purchased for the Perspective drawing). This time I went with a less decorated and cheaper frame, however, the print showed to be too large .

I was just barely able to get the image to fit, but the text labeling the drawing at the top had to be cut off
    Cb450 perspective drawing poster-img_3257.jpg

I had second thoughts about cutting the print, but I've been way too busy lately to put this off for later. I knew that if I did not frame the print now it would sit rolled up in the corner some where and eventually be forgotten. So I started cutting the extra material off the border of the print, unfortunately. I'm still happy with the final product but may resize the image file to print just a tad bit smaller on my next edit.

(I need to figure out how to rotate pictures on this forum.)
    Cb450 perspective drawing poster-img_3258.jpg

Cb450 perspective drawing poster-img_3259.jpg

If I had more time I would have shopped around for a larger frame. I'm sure I could have easily found one online, but I felt I had to get this done now.

If your are buying frames from Michaels arts & crafts be sure to use the 50% off coupon from their webpage. they have a new coupon posted every week. I paid $17 for this one.

-Isaias

This is a super cool idea! I started a CAD drawing of a bomber two years ago, but lost interest somehow. These drawings look way cooler that a 2D side view in CAD. Since it's hard to forget this idea and knowing myself, I will probably try something similar when I need to have a break from oily hands. Again, great idea and execution!
    Last edited by FrisianWheel; 11-14-2019 at 02:41 AM.
    Gunnar

1972 CB450 K5
    1975 CB500T
    1972 CB450 K5 - in progress

That's as bad as me hand colouring, okay Photoshop colouring the 500T wiring diagram.... well it was quiet that day

Nice job you've done though.

Oh and I've had a chat with your boss about using the works printer

John
    Ridden for years
    Sundance, my Honda CB500T
    Gupta, my Royal Enfield 350 Bullet
    Bumble, my 700 Transalp
    www.kittos.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2swing View Post
    (I need to figure out how to rotate pictures on this forum.)
    It looks great... as for the rotation, you can't do it here, but you can rotate them on the computer before uploading (which is what I do). If it's Windows 10, it will auto-rotate them and fool you so if you upload to a Google photos account that might let you sort it out prior. Here's more info on the forum and why

https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/25...ml#post1008568
    Blue2swing likes this.
    Tom

CL450 project reboot, street legal this time
    Budget drag bike project
    CB350K1 full patina project
    Ride along at the drag strip

running points... because I'm too old for mysteries that begin with pushing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links