Common Motor Collective: Electronic Ignition Beta User Program - CB450/CL450 /CB500T
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: Common Motor Collective: Electronic Ignition Beta User Program - CB450/CL450 /CB500T

Common Motor Collective: Electronic Ignition Beta User Program - CB450/CL450 /CB500T

Hey Everybody,

Brenden here from Common Motor Collective. Over the last three years of R&D we have been working on an original electronic ignition system for the Honda CB350, CB360 and CB450 families of bikes. We are happy to announce that our Shockwave electronic ignition systemis almost ready for purchase. (fyi our Long Haul Project CB450 ran one for almost 5000 miles)

However, before we can publicly release it, there are always a few bugs to work out. This is precisely where we need your help. We need fellow Honda twin (350 / 360 / 450) owners that have high mechanical and technical understanding to give us feedback on the experience of installing, adjusting and the performance of the system in your personal bikes. We need to make sure our installation instructions are clear for final users and we need to develop a proper troubleshooting guide. Furthermore if we need to make any modifications to the systems components or parts set up, those issues need to be identified in context. At the moment all instructions are in their first draft phase and will need further refinement for the end user, but should be clear enough to let you get the system installed on your bike.

In exchange for your feedback you will be getting first access to the systems at a discount price and extended warranty. We are planning to have the next batch of systems ready for public sale in early Winter 2019. Thus we need you to install the Shockwave and ride you bike ASAP! The sooner we can get good feedback from y’all the more time we have to refine and make necessary changes to the system.

Below is a link to a quick questionnaire to fill out so we know who is participating in the program. Deadline for completion is Friday November 16, 2018.

-Shockwave Electronic Ignition Beta User Program Application-

If selected you will be notified directly via email and given further instructions.

Feel free to share this link with a friend that also may be a good fit for the beta test program as well. If this needs to be moved to a different section of the forum would a moderator please do so, thanks.

I know there will be lots of questions out there about the system, however we will address them in the near future. At this time we will not be able to answer any questions on this thread or direct questions about the Shockwave via our website contact forms (phone and text too). More information will be released soon via our newsletter, our social media and here on the forum.

Thanks again for your support and willingness to participate in this program. It is our ongoing mission to support the owners of vintage Honda Motorcycles and continue to develop the best parts and information necessary to keep these bikes on the road for many miles to come.

Brenden Macaluso (Zephyrking)
    Director / Lead Designer Common Motor Collective
    www.common-motor.com. Parts for CL / SL /CB350's , CL / CJ / CB360's and CL / CB450's & CB500T's (DOHC)! Questions drop me a line: https://www.common-motor.com/contact | 832-356-7670 (tech line Mon & Tues 12-6 CST)

1974-CB360 (daily rider)
    1970 -CL450
    1984-750 Interceptor
    2000- Ural Deco 650

I filled out the questionaire.
    '76 CB500T Frankenbike
    '73 CL450 (basket case for now)

Carpe narem.

Quote Originally Posted by 76TWIN View Post
    I filled out the questionaire.
    again
    Jim

1973 CB 450 K6 PAMCO
    1975 CB 500T PAMCO
    1985 CB650SC Nighthawk
    1985 VF 1100S Sabre
    2012 Buddy 125 (wifes)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

yeah, not sure how sold I'd be to help them for what would end up being a price about the same as other unit's retail prices, and the others have electronic advance... who's to say theirs would be any better or more durable?
    Tom

Ride along at the drag strip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20jFPazXlvU

running points... because I'm too old for mysteries that begin with pushing

Quote Originally Posted by ancientdad View Post
    yeah, not sure how sold I'd be to help them for what would end up being a price about the same as other unit's retail prices, and the others have electronic advance... who's to say theirs would be any better or more durable?

Well it would depend on the discount wouldn't it The only EI that does have electronic advance I know of is Pamco.
    '76 CB500T Frankenbike

Carpe narem.

but the application link mentions the price, doesn't it?

"Pricing

The estimated retail price of the final production Shockwave ignition system (regardless of bike model) is $200.00* USD with a 12 month warranty from the date of purchase. However, in exchange for the feedback and documentation of the beta systems, we are offering this first batch of Shockwave ignition systems at a discounted price of $130* and an extended warranty of 18 months. "
    Tom

I probably wouldn't be riding mine enough to suit their needs, the little red monster (as my wife calls it) only goes out once or twice a week - and my business has been beyond slow the last couple months, can't afford $130 for a replacement for fully-functioning points anyway
    TOOLS1 likes this.
    Tom

Yeah well the weather is also starting to turn colder here to the point where it's actually uncomfortable to ride now so we'll see.
    '76 CB500T Frankenbike

Carpe narem.

76twin.. Pamco is the only e-advance that I know confirmed. However, I have "read" Boyer Branson and other manufactures (Trispark, Sparx,) make one..for Triumphs, BSA, and Norton.. not sure if they have touched the Honda market.. I'm all actuality, I'm not sure why they havnt? I would say possibly due to the "poor" charging systems on vintage hondas.. HOWEVER, the English systems had to be done of THE WORST!!
    Lucas wasn't given the title "Prince of Darkness" for no reason..
    "Yes, my hands and nails have grease stains. I ride vintage!"
    -xulf13-

Done. Really want to test this system out. I was extremely disappointed with the "quality" of the Pamco system. E-advance isn't worth diddly to me if the wiring going to the circuit boards is completely fried after only 2 rides. . Hopefully CMC uses appropriate gauge wiring with insulation that is actually heat resistant. I've seen more robust wiring inside of my old 2006 HP laptop than what the Pamco unit used for wires that rest directly on the cylinder head of an air-cooled engine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    ancientdad and ChapRick like this.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links