Common Motor Collective: Electronic Ignition Beta User Program - CB450/CL450 /CB500T - Page 19
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: Common Motor Collective: Electronic Ignition Beta User Program - CB450/CL450 /CB500T

I've looked at the Pure Gas map of my area before. The only place I wasn't aware of, 2 actually, are quite a distance from me, even further than the redneck station I mentioned above who I would not buy from again due to their greedy prices. One is Wawa, which I've been to but did not see non-ethanol available (I'll look again) and the other is outside of Inverness at a station I did not know was there at all. I'd have to take my 5 gallon can because both of those stations are far enough from me that riding the bike there to fill up would be pointless - the tank capacity is only 1.8, so half of it would be gone by the time I got back home as the bike gets between 30 and 35 mpg on average. Also, the one in Inverness shows 89 octane, which probably wouldn't play well with my 11.6:1 compression ratio
    Tom

Ride along at the drag strip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20jFPazXlvU

running points... because I'm too old for mysteries that begin with pushing

Anyone have any experience or feedback running 100LL in their old twins? I have access to a local small airfield where I used to take private pilot flight training, and they have a filling station on site for the piston aircraft.

I know that some of my buddies' dads used to run avgas in their muscle cars in the '70's and '80's with great results. One particular Olds 442 owned by one of them I vividly remember making over 700hp running that sweet smelling go juice!

I was just wondering if there would be any similar benefits of running the stuff in an old twin?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DieselKrampus View Post
    Anyone have any experience or feedback running 100LL in their old twins? I have access to a local small airfield where I used to take private pilot flight training, and they have a filling station on site for the piston aircraft.

I know that some of my buddies' dads used to run avgas in their muscle cars in the '70's and '80's with great results. One particular Olds 442 owned by one of them I vividly remember making over 700hp running that sweet smelling go juice!

I was just wondering if there would be any similar benefits of running the stuff in an old twin?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    If they'll actually let you buy it, you'll like it, guaranteed........it might be leaded, depends.
    DieselKrampus likes this.
    Bill Lane
    Honda Twins Founding Member

No advice, just info

'75 CB200T, '71 CB450 K4 Half-Breed, '72 CL350 (Sold), '81 CM200T, '72 C70M
    and a little red Chineeze scooter

http://www.bikeexif.com/honda-cb450-restoration

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Sponsored Links