Pilot Screw Assembly Sequence ?

Pilot Screw Assembly Sequence ?

Found and fixed a small leak in one of the inlet rubber boots on the K5. but am still struggling to get the idle settings sorted.

I cant seem to get the expected response in terms of leaning out / enriching the mixture by screwing the pilot jets in and out.

Can anybody confirm (a) if I actually need all of these components .. and (b) is this the correct assembly sequence ?

Thanks, Alan
    CB450 K5

Cal
    Yes and Yes
    1979 Honda Hawk CB400 T1

That is the way I do my CB350 carbs.

Make sure there isn't any small sections of old o ring left in the passage. Over the years I have pulled out lots of pieces and even sections of the metal washer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer343 View Post
    That is the way I do my CB350 carbs.

Make sure there isn't any small sections of old o ring left in the passage. Over the years I have pulled out lots of pieces and even sections of the metal washer.
    Guys - thank you for the prompt replies.

After I read them, I went trawling to see if I had posted info on my carb numbers at some stage - and came across a similar query I had posted before:

https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/56...setting-2.html

Sorry about that - should have checked first, but thanks all the same, appreciated
    CB450 K5

When you say you found and fixed a small leak in the boots ?
    What did you find?
    How did you fix it?

The boots dry rot and crack usually in multiple places and the effect usually gets worse as the motor and the rubber warms up.
    I would be very surprised if you could REALLY EFFECTIVELY FIX an old boot that is starting to develope cracks.
    1970 CB 350 CAFE - Current Project on the bench,
    1972 CB 350 K4 Red - Now a Happy Rider ! !
    1972 CB 350 K4 Green (My Sons) DONE - YES !,
    1st Bike 1970 SL 350 (Brought home in Parts - Trailer/Trunk/Back Seat - I miss that bike),
    2nd - Bike Kawasaki 750
    3rd - '73 XLCH 1000

The boots on her are aftermarket ones. (I still have the originals - which as you say had started to craze and crack.) Discovered it by the age old method of spraying some Easy-Start round the rubbers and listening for a rise in the revs. Found something was clearly amiss with the right hand one. One of the newer boots had started to delaminate between the outermost layer and the other parts which seem to have been pressed/glued together to form the whole assembly.

I used a high-temp silicone adhesive to bond the layers back together.

I suspect the delaminating came about as a result of the countless times I've had the carbs on and off trying to fix myriad problems - squeezing the carbs in and out past the rubbers without disassembling everything the way you would if you were a more patient individual Probably not likely to be a long term fix - but should be good enough to tide me over while I sort out the rest of the low-speed running issues.
    Last edited by -alan-; 09-11-2019 at 08:42 AM.
    CB450 K5

Chaps - there's still something not quite right on the idle / pilot jet front, and I'm getting a bit of a flat spot on the road in the 2-3k. range. Rather than further confuse this thread, or reawaken the other, I'll create a new one.
    Thx,
    Alan
    CB450 K5

Sponsored Links