B7ES plugs in 68 CB450
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 76TWIN

Thread: B7ES plugs in 68 CB450

B7ES plugs in 68 CB450

Hi Guys, I have tried everything to stop the plugs from fouling on my all stock 68 CB450. They look cold fouled. Does anyone run B7ES plugs? I only ride short distances, like 5-10 min to the store, then 5-10 back and I think this may be Causing it?

Thanks in advance for any help guys! -David

Assuming that you already try to lean out your air/fuel idle mixture and sort out any carb issues, You can try using BR8EIX the iridium version of the B8ES
    This is what I did when I kept having fould plugs on mine and haven't had an issue since.

You would need to use a non-resistored plug cap though so as to not have double the resistance since the iridum plugs have resistors in them.

EDIT make sure you get stock 5044 for BR8EIX since the 6747 stock have non-removable solid terminal
    Last edited by 76TWIN; 09-15-2019 at 05:23 PM.
    Rscottp likes this.
    '76 CB500T Frankenbike
    '73 CL450 (basket case for now)

Carpe narem.

I ran B7ES plugs in my CL350 for over a year because of a rich-running condition I couldn't cure. They ran cleaner and I had no problems with it. I cured it by adjusting the float levels 1.5 mm lower than spec, and then went back to B8ES plugs.
    1969 Honda CL350
    1983 H-D XLX-61 Sportster

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaTwins.net
    Advertisements

My 450 ran better with NGK B7ES plugs. I cannot explain but it fouled 'em way less than B8ES. Just do it!
    lastly, that commute distance is quite short and I consider the 450 cold blooded so once arriving at the store it seems your bike is just getting at correct operating temp. then it sits right away, and gets fired up again. I used to do a good lap or so around the block daily before going on my reg riding route, just to ensure it was warmed up.

Thanks for the advice! Truly. -David

Sponsored Links